...03... Unexpected Appearances

Her mind whirled and whirled like a hurricane. Never had she ever expected a guy to have such an effect on her. She just could not forget those forest green eyes and that sweet alluring voice he'd used to get her enthralled.

Keith had managed to plant a seed of turmoil within her and it bloody grew faster than Jack's Beanstalk.

"Ugghh!" She growled loudly causing the driver to look at her with concern. She stifled another one which followed pronto. She had to control her bewilderment in public.

But she couldn't help it! Keith was a mystery. A walking talking -damn fine- question mark and she had uncontrollable urges to find the answer.

He had her transfixed at his bad boy demeanour of which she had a glimpse for the first time on the roof. But the following morning, he transformed into a completely different person; his nature entirely disparate to what she had seen the night before. She was now sure as hell she wasn't dreaming.

And what about the words he whispered in the morning? What did they mean? What is he aiming at?

Her grip tightened on the black file containing her portfolio. She had almost forgotten about it in between talking to her mother and Keith.

What she assumed was that his words pointed to both the guys being the same.

Are they twins? She groaned silently.

Whenever her mind conjured up the morning scenario, the goosebumps rose again. She hated it wholly. She could not give a man the leverage of having that effect on her.

But he wasn't any other man-or men if they were two.

But somewhere deep inside was the real reason she was so preoccupied with him. She felt that he had gone through something to be the way he was. Something bad. And she could relate to that. She was different before her dad's death too. Not the anger issues part, but she wasn't obnoxious and rude and closed off.

Somehow, she'd felt that chasing away the demons under his bed would help her chase away her own.

And she could never let anyone else know of her demons.

Before she could let out a groan of realization, the driver signalled to her that her destination had arrived. As if suddenly remembering she had a task to complete, she ushered out of the cab and paid the driver. Strutting towards the building, her eyes landed on the big, bold sign at the centre of the structure which said 'Fashion Era' and she sighed in astonishment.

This was one of the companies she had never tried at. So disappointed by the refusal of the small businesses, aiming at getting a post here had felt aiming for the Sun. But now she had chosen to give this a chance as well. And each passing moment made her feel more and more that her decision was right.

The building itself was so tall, she had to crane her neck to have a glimpse of the pinnacle. It could very well constitute at least eight to ten floors.

Fashion Era was a company started by Marianne, her absolute fashion idol. This building was one of the many branches all around the world. The prospect of ever working there got Blair all giddy inside.

A bead of sweat rolled down the back of her neck, taunting her hard-headed determination. Was it nervousness? But the weather sure was quite hot in the mornings.

The company was a hotshot in the fashion market and working there was in fact, a huge deal.

She gulped. Another sweaty droplet slid down her forehead this time.

Definitely the weather. She assured herself.

The rumours were that the boss wasn't bad as well. As long as the boss behaved well, Blair wouldn't have problems. Well... she thought so.