...02... Really Dreaming or Dreamy Reality?

Sleep was a bitch. Bloody thing wouldn't come when she thought she needed it the most.

Stretching her limbs in irritation, she unwrapped her self from the warm comforters and sat upright, trying to get her sight back from the eternal darkness.

Once her eyes had adjusted to the dim lighting, Blair fixed her camisole and pyjamas which were displaced from their original position.

Standing up, she walked over to the glass doors opening to the balcony and stood there staring at the starless sky for a few moments. It had been long since she had last been on the rooftop. She couldn't be more grateful that she chose the room on the first floor with a balcony and a direct connection to the roof. Her dad had had settled with the room downstairs, happily granting both the rooms upstairs to the females of the family.

She opened the sliding door and walked outside, only to have her hair all over her face due to the gushing wind but she loved the feeling which was something she was usually annoyed of.

Her eyes stretched over to the horizon, in spite of it being invisible due to the unavailability of sunlight. The suburban landscape glimmered like an empty night sky with a few lone stars. Little street lights illuminated between huge patches of green. Windows of houses slowly glittered off, signalling that people had fallen asleep. The little sources of luminescence that coruscated had an enthralling effect on her. The full moon shone like it wanted to be brighter than the stars. Like it wanted to be unique and different so that it could cast its light to the very tips of the world. Just like her.

Another gush of wind had her shivering and consequently, her arms wrapped around herself to block any heat from escaping. The idea of getting a thin hoodie struck her and she shook her head at her ignorance of not thinking about it before.

Wasting no time, she hurried in and searched through her wardrobe for something warm when her eyes landed on a faded hoodie in the corner. Perfect. Quickly covering her camisole-clad torso, she trotted back to the balcony feeling much better thanks to her newfound warmth.

She looked over at the rusty old ladder that was attached to the roof from her balcony. She had always been so grateful that her room had that ladder and not her parents'. She could get on the roof anytime, undetected, to gaze at the stars amidst the tranquillity. If it were up to her, she'd have her room up there.

Gripping onto the above treads of the ladder, she hauled herself up each step gracefully. She had been doing this so frequently- since the day her dad had taught her- that nervousness had vanished without a trace. It didn't take an ounce of effort anymore.

She held onto the edges of the roof and pulled her body upwards so that she could place her left foot on the slope. Without loosening her hold, she brought her right foot up as well and Voila! She was done.

Taking a deep breath, she laid down her body on the hard surface, which should have been uncomfortable but surprisingly wasn't.

She stretched her limbs in such a way that her body now resembled a starfish. This was the most comfortable position to sleep in, but could not be accomplished on her bed due to the lack of space.

The wind tickled her toes making her giggle like a little girl. She loved being up here. She felt free like a bird who had been caged for eternity but was now let to fly.

The whole day was a cage, suffocating her every moment. She wasn't given a chance to show her talent at the office. Her home environment wasn't great either. Her dad's... death had taken a huge toll on both of them. And so far, both of them hadn't been able to move on. Mostly her mom.

She closed her eyes and deeply sighed. Her mind always swirled with such emotional thoughts whenever she was on the roof, alone. But she found her solace, her space here. The serenity that this place offered was like no other.