...05... One and Only

The rain eventually stopped its relentless shower by eight and Blair couldn't be more glad. She had almost begun to wonder that it would rain the whole night.

She spent her time working on design she left unfinished a long time back. Frankly, she never knew what to do with it so she believed it would be left undone for a while. But the sudden jab of inspiration made her sit down and work on it and she didn't get up until it was done. Lunch too had been forgotten.

And now with another one in the can, she couldn't wait to get the fabrics and watch the design build up in real life.

Dropping the pencil on her desk, she rushed down to grab a bowl of something to eat.

What she didn't expect was freshly made lasagna sitting in a glass dish.

Hurriedly, mostly hungrily, she added a surplus amount to her plate before inhaling a huge whiff of it. It was her dad's favourite  recipe and her mom could cook it like she invented it.

Memories of all the days she came back from school to a home full of her parents' laughter and a lingering aroma of a bowl of lasagna filled her mind. A smile warmed Blair's face.

Her mother wasn't there, and so wasn't a sorry note, but the lasagna managed to placate her to an extent.

She placed the dish back in the oven so it wouldn't go cold in case she wanted a second serving.

Picking up the plate, she went back to her room and plopped down on her bed and turned on the TV.

That was when the thoughts of a certain shape shifting individual came into her mind.

She muted the TV— there was nothing interesting anyway— to solely focus her concentration on one particular person.

She had never encountered such a peculiar creature her entire life! One that had been living right next door.

She may have considered the idea of twins at one point but her mind was swaying towards him being just one person. Wouldn't she have known if there were twins living right next to her house? She couldn't understand the reason why he had to portray himself as two different people.

Moreover, she couldn't understand why she was acting so obsessed about this. It was his life, his matters. Why should she let it bother her?

That didn't quite convince her all the way through.

Now that she thought about it, he wasn't quite bad looking either. He had sharp features and a toned body. And his eyes; she had gotten a clear look of those gorgeous forest green orbs the other morning.

The guy was... intriguing. And now, he had Blair's attention.

Her plate was almost empty by the time her speculative mind came back to rest. Quickly placing it in the dishwasher, she headed back upstairs.

The urge to climb on the rooftop came back again. But this time, for a completely different reason. One she would definitely deny.

Giving one last proud glance to her finished design sketch, she wore a warm sweater, slipped on a pair of pajamas over her shorts and left her hair open.

Heading to her balcony, she didn't spare a look to the scenery and directed her movement towards the ladder. The dampness on rooftop was almost gone so she wouldn't have to worry about her butt getting cold.