Three: ran off

The next day passed and Neisa found herself on the cobblestone path with a gray blanket wrapped around her that the market man gave to her. She looked around. It was early morning, still blue outside. She looked around, snow falling down onto her hair. She was shivering suddenly. She stood up and wrapped a blanket around her. "Neisa, woke up early, now did she?" The market man asked. She turned to him. "Go back to sleep. I will start a fire for you. We do not want you getting sick, now do we?" He asked Neisa. 

She shook her head only slightly. "No." She spoke.

He left after the fire started she was wrapped around three thin blankets, snow falling on her lightly. Her brown hair was blending in with the walls of the night, her cheeks growing red.

Bain woke up very shortly after, still dark outside. He found Neisa shivering. "Neisa!" He called. "Neisa!" He shouted again. She looked up at him, cold all through her. "Are you alright?" He asked worriedly. 

"Y-Yes. J-Just cold." She stuttered through the cold of the air. 

"You must be freezing!" He said in worry. 

"A bit." She said nodding.

"Here." He said taking off his small coat. 

"I cannot. Y-You need it." She stammered. 

"No. You use it here. Lay your head on my shoulder and sleep. I will keep you warm." He said wrapping it around and sitting next to her.

 "Thank you," Neisa said smiling. 

"I dearly hope that you stay warm," Bain said as he tightened his grip on his arm around Neisa. "I dearly hope." He repeated.

"I am, now that you're here." She replied. He smiled looking down at her.

You could see that Bain had loved Neisa, or at least fancied her. It wasn't hard to tell that Neisa had loved Bain, and she definitely loved him. But as their age, friendship seemed appropriate.

She fell asleep on his shoulder and woke up short hours later. The town wasn't yet filled, but it had few people at the least. She woke up and looked at Bain, still sitting by her with her shoulder on him. He smiled and looked at Neisa.

"You kept me warm." She said smiling. 

"I did." He grinned at her. 

"Bain?" Neisa asked. 

"Will you walk with me?" She asked. He nodded. 

"Of course." He replied.

They walked together and Bard saw Bain but kept himself away from Bain's view. Neisa had her head rest on his shoulder. "Neisa?" He asked. She looked at him. 

"Yes?" She replied. 

"I-I want to be more than friends. I-I think I am falling in love with you." He said smiling. She grinned and kissed his cheek.

 "I agree." She said smiling. He grinned.

Bain went home shortly after, smiling. "Bain, I have seen you. Did she kiss you? Again?" Bard asked. 

"Yes, da." He mumbled. 

"Bain, I think you should know of something," Bard spoke. Bain sat down in front of his father. "I do not want you with Neisa... in that way," Bard said. 

"Da!" Bain said standing up. 

"Bain, I am sorry. But I do not want you seeing her, especially if it is for reasons other than friends." Bard told him. 

"Da! You got married when you were seventeen!" Bain said quickly. Bard sighed and shook his head, knowing it was true.

"I am sorry, son. But you must stay away from her."