Seven: return

She wrapped her arms around her brothers tightly and they hugged her back. "I missed you all so much!" She said with tears in her eyes as she saw her brothers. "H-How-How?" Beowolf stuttered. They all turned to Galadriel.  "Thank you, my lady," Aiken said. She simply smiled.

They went back to their home the next day. When Bard had seen Neisa and Bain, he came with fury to him. "Bain! Where have you been? I haven't seen you in days!" Bard shouted as his hands cradled his son's face. "Neisa and-" Bard stooped and looked at her. "You and him? You have been missing for days! Your parents and I were worried sick! How could you?" He shouted.

"We went to Lothlórien, da!" Bain shouted. "Lothlórien?" Bard asked in rage. He turned back to Neisa. "I told you too that I did not approve of you two once, then I banished you. Now, I disapprove of you again and you go missing for days!" Bard shouted to her. "Father stop yelling at her!" Bain shouted.

He looked at them. "Bain, I forbid you from seeing Neisa! I told you this and you knew it! You will not go out of the house without your sisters or me. There will be no walking around the streets alone. Nothing!" Bard told him. "You can't!" Bain shouted. "I can. There will be none. You have been missing for days!" Bard shouted to him.

Bain scowled. Bard took him by the arm and dragged him home. "You cannot do this!" Bain shouted as Bard closed the door. "Yes, Bain, I can! You have gone away for days!" Bard shouted. "I forbid it!" Bard said. "Would mother want you to?" Bain shouted. "Do not being that up, Bain!" Bard said. "I will! Would she want this from you? Father, I love Neisa! I have asked her to marry me!"

Bard grew in shock. "Marry you?" He asked. "Yes! I have asked. On her birthday I did! And whether you like it or not, I will marry her someday!" He shouted. "As long as you live in my home, you will not! You live in my home, and you will follow my rules!" Bard shouted. "I will marry her anyway!" Bard stood closer to Bain. "Bain, I will not allow it! You are still a child!" "I am not a child!" He said shoving his father off him.

"I know you disapprove. I dearly know. But I love her!" He shouted. He scowled, Bard, leaving.

That night, Neisa sat at the logs with her brothers, a fire near them. "Forbid you?" Famon asked as he ate rabbit. "Yes. This time seems different though." She replied sadly. "He said it to us at the same time. And Bain wasn't sad, but angry. He made a stance. He never stands up to his father. He is not scared but simply doesn't have a voice for so. He is loyal." She said.

"You should elope," Aiken said sitting forward. She looked at him with a confused look. "Runoff. Get married." He said. "I-I know what that means! I just never thought about marriage... until he asked." She to her twin. "Yes, that is right. He asked." He said grinning. "Then marry him," Famon said with a wide smile.

They heard footsteps coming their way in the night. "Neisa!" They called. She stood up. "Bain!" She said looking at him. "We can't be found together!" She said worriedly. "I don't care!" He said shaking his head. "I won't stay away from you!" He said panting from running. "Because I do. I love you." He said nodding.

She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him. His arms were around her waist as she did so, making her lean her back down a bit, him leaning over her. She kissed him for a long moment until he broke them apart. "Marry me. I'll find a ring! I'll work day and night to afford it!" He said, his eyes glowing.

"I don't need a ring." She said shaking her head. "I'll still get you one! Just marry me! Marry me in months time!" He said looking down at her. They forgot all about her brothers sitting there. "Your father will disapprove." She said with worry. "I don't care!" He said shaking his head. "Just be my wife!" He said nodding.

"It may be in months for all I care! It could be in years, or the day I die! But marry me!" He said quickly. She nodded. She smiled and kissed him again. "I will marry you, Bain!" She said once they broke apart. "But it will have to be in months! For are almost sixteen! We must wait until then!" She said to him with a grin. He nodded. "Then so it is!" He replied.

Days had passed without seeing each other. She walked on the cobblestone path with her brothers, whom no one else could see or here beside her. She saw Bain with Tilda and Sigrid, and she knew that she couldn't speak to him. Sigrid's eyes fell to the ground. She felt bad for Bain, as she knew he was in love with Neisa. She liked Neisa, and she knew she loved him back.

Bain saw her from the corner of his eye. "You know better Bain," Sigrid said looking down at him. "I know." He said sadly.

A week had passed without seeing each other. It was midnight, and she walked around with a cloak over her, making sure no one knew it was her. "Bain!" He whispered as she heard footsteps behind her. "Bain!" She hissed again. She turned to a boy with a small smile. "Neisa?" He replied. Ahe smiled and threw her arms around him. "I missed you!" He said as his head was upon her shoulder. They broke apart and his face cradled her face. "I missed you too." She replied. He kissed her lips for a short moment. "Neisa? There is something I must say." Bain said slowly and sadly.

"Yes?" She replied. "My father... he has people..." Bain looked around. "Watching us. Making sure we aren't together." He said sadly. Tears filled her eyes. "But if he finds out, I do not care," Bain added. "I will." She said nodding. "W-What?" He replied sadly. "Yes. I do." She said with tears in her eyes.

"I will care. If he finds out, my parents could be involved. I do not want you in trouble. I love you, Bain." She said sadly. "I do not want to be in trouble, but I love you. I want everyone to know it." He said nodding. She sniffed. "I fear that... I fear that something could happen between us. Something bad." She said nodding.

"Neisa?" He asked after a long pause between them. "Yes?" She replied. "Come with me." He said taking her hand softly. He led her onto the dock. The sun was rising, but barely. "I have worked day and night. That is why I have not had time to see you. I wanted to earn myself money." He said nodding. She looked confused.

He took her hold off her head and looked at her. "Neisa..." He started. He bent down on one knee and looked at her. He took one of her hands lightly, and with the other, pulled out a ring and held it. "Will you marry me? We can make it official, that we are engaged. That we will get married someday. I know it isn't the best ring, but it was the best I could do. I couldn't wait to ask. Will you marry me?" He asked with his eyes shining.

She nodded quickly. "Yes." He said with tears down her face. "I will marry you!" He stood up smiling. Her hands were over her mouth as tears fell down her face. He kissed her lips for a long moment, softly. They walked with collided hands up the dock. They could see people. They saw her brothers, smiling. She smiled as she saw them. "We're engaged!" She shouted to them, assuming all of Dale was still asleep. Bain's wide grin suddenly faded. "Neisa..." He said slowly. She turned to him and gasped.

"Nobody is getting married!" Bard said in a strict voice. As it was, her brother's had their perks by making Bard see then. "We are, Bard! We know you disapprove, and there was indeed a moment when we cared, but now, we don't! We will run off if we must!" She said without a second thought. "No! You will not get married!" He shouted. "I will marry her, da!" Bain shouted. "She means everything to me!" Bain said, his voice shaking.

"She is not! You do not know of love!" Bard shouted. "I do, father! You keep saying we are too young and that we don't understand but we do! You know it!" Bain replied. Bard looked down at him and sighed. "You do not." He said with sadness. "WE DO!" Bain shouted furiously. He held Neisa's hand tightly, and she stood with a scowl. "I want to prove to you that I love him! Why must you deny us?" Neisa asked, begging for an answer. "I want to show you that I love him!" She added. "I want to show you!" Bard looked down upon the girl.

"You said you loved mother at this age! Was that not real love?" Bain asked. "It was. But you two are different." Bard's eyes traveled to Bain. "You're right. We're different than you and her. No one stopped you two from being together. You had it easier. You had no ups and downs. People fancied her just like they do Neisa, but her heart belongs to me and only me." Bain said confidently.

"I do not allow it." He replied. "We do not care. I'm going to marry her anyway."