Eight: Elope

Bain and Neisa hadn't seem each other for three months, though that was to change.

Neisa looked at herself in her rusty mirror. "Neisa!" Her mother called. She turned back into the kitchen. "Yes?" She replied with her hair whipping behind her. "Set the table." She told her as she got plates out. "Yes, mother." Neisa replied.

Her father came in and she sighed. "Neisa... why is there a ring on your finger...?" Her father asked slowly. She hesitated. "I..." She started. "Take it off." He told her. "What?" She scoffed. "Neisa, take that ring off." He stated. "No." She said sternly.

"Neisa, why do you wear it?" He asked her. "I thought it was pretty..." She started. "Whom gave it to you?" He asked coldly. She paused. "Bain..." She mumbled. Without thinking, he slapped her across the face. She fell to the ground with blood on her lip.

She ran out of her home and down at the dock where Bain was working. "Bain!" She shouted as she ran lifting up her dress. He turned to her. "Neisa!" He asked as she ran to him, a bruise on her cheek. He spun her around as he saw her. He set her down and his hands cupped her face.

"Bain... I think we should elope. Now. My eldest brother was a boat captain. He can marry us!" She said quickly. "W-Wait, what?" He asked. "Run off me with! Marry me! Right now! In only hours! I brought money, I can pick out a white dress, just marry me!"

Bain grinned and nodded. "I'll find a dress!" She said with a smile. "I'll find better clothes!" He said happily.

They ran together and she found a dress and didn't wear it in front of Bain. They went off into the woods, into they day, off to get married.

Bain had already turned sixteen, so he was able to marry her. But she was young. She didn't even care how old she was, for she knew it would last forever. They heard other hooves behind them, stronger hooves. She turned her head and saw the person she wanted to see the least.

Her brothers went off as fast as they could and she did too. They ran into the woods, in the dead of night, the crickets chirping.

Bain and Neisa changed into their wedding clothes and saw eachother. "You are lucky, Bain." Famon said to him. "Am I?" Bain replied with a smile plastered on his face. "Of course. Neisa was fancied by many boys her age, but they never seemed to steal her heart." Famon spoke. Bain paused.

"She is a loveable girl, and I do believe that you are a lucky boy, with being ghe only one who she seemed to like." Famon said grinning. "Of course." Bain said smiling.

Neisa was ready to walk down the aisle. Her brothers stood up from the grass they sat on. She smiled as she walked down thw grass, Bain with a large smile.

They heard footsteps to them. She turned her head. "Bain! Neisa!" Bard called, panting. "What are you doing?" Bard asked. Neisa was almost all the way down the aisle. "I'm marrying her." Bain said without hesitating. Bard sighed and walked to him.

He put his hands on his son's shoulders. "You are young. Maybe in another life time. Maybe when you're older." Bard said nodding. "I know what love is. I am in it." Bain said nodding, his baby-like face with tears in it. "I know. But you do not need to grow up. I see that ypu are in love. I see it so clearly. When you say her name, you say it like she is not real, or like she is an elf whom you saw." Bard said. Bain modded. "That is what it feels like. I have seen elves. No one comapres with Neisa."

Bard sighed again. "Like I said, maybe when you're older, or in another life time." Bain shool his head. "I've already made up my mind." Neisa said. "Me too." Bain said nodding he looked at him. "Bain..." He murmmered. "I am ready." Bard looked at his son's eyes and sighed. "Than you have my approval." He said nodding.

Bard stood by Aiken and Beowolf, Neisa walking down to Bain. They looked eachother in the eye. "I take Bain, to be my husband, for better or for worse." "I take Neisa, to be my husband, for better or for worse."

He bent down and kissed her lips for a long moment, his hand cupping her cheek. They broke apart and she smiled. "I love you." She said smiling. "I love you." He said nodding and smiling. He pressed his lips against hers again.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife." Bron said with a grin. Her brothers stood up and applauded, along with Bard. She took her smile bouquet of flowers and tossed then to one of her brothers, and asbit was, Aiken caught them. She laughed and smiled.

They held hands and walked down the grass they used as an aisle. He picked her up and carried her wedding-style, smiling down at her. "I love you." She told the girl in a white dress. "I love you too." She replied kindly.

They had camr home a day later, and they still wore their wedding clothes. Her mother gasped. "I to of you a loved him." Neisa said folding her arms. "I married her." Bain said to her parents. "H-How?" Her father stammered. "I fell in love. I wasn't payed off to some butcher or blacksmith, but I fell in love. It wasn't forced. But I looked at his eyes and his baby face and thought he was perfect. That is love." Neisa said truthfully.

"I am kicking you out." Her father stated. "Good. Bain and I have a home." She said smiling. Her brothers had built them a home over night, and they were to live there together. "My brothers built me a home." She stated. "They're dead!" Her mother snapped. Neisa just grinned and walked away with Bain.

They went to their home and looked around. Her brothers did everything perfectly. They made tel bedrooms, a kitchen with a table, and they even added a fire place. Aiken had made a bed spread for them, which they were very greatful for. It felt like home to them already.

A year had passed and Neisa was sixteen, Bain seventeen. She was just a teenager. "Bain..." She started as she walked to him as he chopped apples. "Yes, my love?" He asled her. "There is something... I think you should know..." She began.

"What is it?" He asked. Her lips curled a smile but quickly faded. "I think... I'm pregnant." She said nodding. Hee jaw fell. "H-How?" He stuttered. "It just happened." She stated.

Bain was sitting next to his father, grinning. "Why are you so happy?" Tilda asked. Bain just grinned. "Neisa ia pregnant." He sajd grinning. "We think two months along."