Chapter 3: Long Night

UPDATED: 25 Aug 2018

*Kali's POV*

It was about midnight when I woke myself up to go to the enchanted Lake Ben told me about. I didn't want to put on shoes since I'm so used to not wearing any shoes at all. I grabbed a towel, my sketchbook, and a knife mom got me for self-defense, and stuffed them into my bag. The walk to the lake was pretty calming since I'm so nervous about tomorrow and what will happen. Mostly what my parents are doing back home. Oh how I miss my parents and home.

After going over the bridge, which made me a little scared, I found the lake. Beautiful, crystal blue water, rock formations that hugs the lake for it to hide, and some ruins of an old castle or cathedral. Dropped my bag and got out of my pajamas to revel a swimsuit and with no second thought, dived right into the water. It felt so refreshing and calming, mainly reminding me of the water back home. Then I took a big breathe and went under, Atlantians learn to long our breathes for a long time, and just looked around further down in the lake. Then I saw something casting a bright blue light, similar to my crystal. I went close to it and found a small statue of an Atlantian god, Manannan**, the God of Enchanted Waters. I wanted to take this back to school but knew that it belongs here for a reason, so I placed it back where I found it and swam back up to the surface.

I took out my sketchbook and started drawing whatever or whoever came to mind. I looked at my drawing to see that I drew mom and dad just shortly after they met each other. I smiled at it and flipped through the rest of my book seeing drawings of Dr. Sweet, Audrey, Vinnie, Mole, grandfather, Atlantis, the Crystal, and the Kings of Our Past. Feeling tears roll down my checks to land on my sketches. Now I was truly homesick, so I started to sing the song my mom was taught by her mother for whenever we get sad or lonely.

*Carlos's POV*

As Jay, Evie, Mal, and myself ran from the museum to get back to the school I heard a soft, beautiful voice, almost like a mermaid.

"Guys you hear that?" I asked the others and they turn towards me and nod their heads. "Let's see find out."

Where the dream leads you

Your dream will lead you home

Where your eyes can see

Your dream will lead you on

There's a world that waits for you

Can neither hold

You'll find your home

We followed the voice to find Kali sitting on a stone by some kind of lake. She was wearing a baggy longs leave shirt and didn't seem to be wearing any pants or shorts, but I'm guessing some kind of bottoms. As we was getting closer one of us stepped on a twig, snap! Looking at each other we all looked at our feet to find out it was me that stepped on it.