Chapter 13

The pack didn’t take long to show up after I was dressed.  They started trickling in as early as a half hour before the actually meeting.

          I greeted them all and assured them I was mending well and would be good as new in no time.  I answered whatever questions they had regarding the imprisonment, but told them Jason would explain why I was taken. 

          I knew that the entire pack would be involved in making a decision to what we would do about Derek and his pack if they came back for more.  I trusted my pack implicitly and knew that together we could all come up with a good plan. 

          Ian stayed practically glued to my side the entire time, while my friends did rounds of their own, also answering any questions they knew the answers to and referring the others to me or Jason.

          When everyone was there, Jason called the meeting to order and we all went to the living room.  There wasn’t enough seating in there, but none of us were against sitting on the floor.  Ian and I were on a couch due to everyone still worrying about the lashes that were still healing.

          The meeting lasted an hour and was very productive. We decided that we would all go on as we had before, with a couple extra wolves on patrol and me not running anywhere alone. If Derek came back, we would take care of him and any of his wolves that don’t surrender and then Jeremy can take over his pack.  Ours is too big to absorb his pack and Jeremy was fine taking over a pack if he had to.

          We then spent another half hour saying goodbye to everyone and seeing everyone out the door.  When they were all gone again, I collapsed carefully on the couch with a sigh. 

          Ian sat beside me, taking my hand and smiling at me as everyone else found seats.  “Tired again?” he asked. 

          I nodded.  “Healing up is taking quite a bit of energy, but I should be back to normal after another night of sleep.”

          “You should head up to bed,” Jason told me.

          I shook my head.  “I’ll stay up and visit for a while, it’s still early.  I’ll stay up until eight or nine before I crash.” 

          They all shook their heads at my stubbornness and I smiled innocently at them, pulling Ian down next to me so I could rest my head on his chest and cuddle.  He smiled sweetly, wrapping his arms around me and kissing my lips gently. 

          “It’s so good to be home again,” I murmured happily.