chapter one

jisoo had always had a thing for drawing. well, more like doodling. when he became bored, he would flip the last pages of the excise book for the subject he was in and drew whatever came to mind. usually, he would draw facial features or little roses. he liked drawing roses. they were overrated and cliche but jisoo found them beautiful to illustrate; especially white roses. white roses always gave him a sense of purity besides the lust and romance red ones portrayed.

jisoo was sat against the large oak tree in campus, sketching a pair of aesthetically pleasing eyes with a light hand. his half-eaten banana bread was laying next to him on the grass along with the once steaming hot coffee, completely abandoned by the american transfer student. quickly, jisoo packed up his belongings when realising his next class was starting in five minutes. luckily he had made it with only a minute to spare.

he then found an empty seat next to choi seungcheol who was texting furiously on his phone. jisoo peaked over the older's shoulder and laughed.

"on the group chat again?" jisoo asked, earning a hefty sigh from seungcheol.

"those kids, i swear. honestly, they all need to drink fifty glasses of holy water" seungcheol complained, shaking his head without another word as the professor had just walked into the room.

jisoo opened up his ethics notebook to where he had already begun to draw random filler things that had now take up half of the page. last minute students shuffled into the classroom and jisoo's doodling was shortly interrupted by someone taking a seat right in front of him and oh god, jisoo wished he hadn't taken that seat.

lee seokmin was sitting only half a meter away from jisoo who ducked his head down to distract himself from the situation unfolding.

the only class jisoo and seokmin had together was ethics which meant it was the only notebook that had all of jisoo's confessions inside. he had seokmin's name written in both hangul and english and in various fonts too, which were littered all over the book with hearts surrounding them. jisoo couldn't help his feelings, the guy was just so nice and sweet. his smile brighten up any room he walked into and just his overall person was beautiful. jisoo could feel the heat in his cheeks already burning.

the moment the professor started his lecture, jisoo immediately blocked him out. the whole hour was spent staring right at the back of seokmin's head and adding to the little page dedicated to the younger male. god, he was such a creep. jisoo acted like some middle schooler when it came to his crush.

"hey, do you have a pen?"

jisoo heart rate speed up as he slammed his notebook shut and glanced up. seokmin was turned halfway around with his face completely neutral but still managing to look completely ethereal.

"uh, yeah. here" jisoo held out a random pen he found in his pocket, retrieving a small smile from his crush.

"thanks" was his simple reply before cutting off any spark of conversation that would happen. jisoo let out the long breath he had been holding in and slumped in his seat. that was either the best or worst thing that had happened to him all day.