chapter twenty two

as if seokmin wasn't stressed enough, the whole sejong dilemma had to just pile on top of that. jisoo was in the bedroom studying for his exams so seokmin decided to sit out on his balcony and give him some space. a steaming cup of black coffee set comfortably in seokmin's hands and even though the freezing close to winter air felt as if it was cutting his face, seokmin didn't care. the only things on his mind were sejong and the beautiful city view that reminded him of the actual adequate things. it was a good balance.

what was on seokmin's mind now was: what if sejong was successful in taking jisoo from him? he bit down on his lip in slight worry. maybe seokmin should be trying harder. he knew not all relationships should feed off skinship and constant affection but seokmin had no idea what jisoo wanted; they never really spoke about what they wanted in a romantic relationship. honestly, seokmin just wanted someone to cherish forever and to know that the other felt the same but that was just him.

now he was second-guessing himself. sejong was already so successful at his young age. he owned a damn mansion in a gated community and along with his visuals and home skills, seokmin found himself not standing a chance. everything seokmin was slowly working up to, sejong was already accelerating through. what if jisoo was slowly getting bored of him? with sejong bumping into them almost every week, would this relationship even last? seokmin went back inside, stomping with every step out of anger. all of this maybe wouldn't be happening if sejong just knew his goddamn place.

seokmin threw his head back to finish his coffee and shuffled with his fuzzy socks across the wooden floor to his bedroom. he made a crack in the door and peeked inside where he would see jisoo sitting against the headboard and reading a book. he was probably done studying now. so, seokmin entered the room and sat down cross-legged next to jisoo who didn't pay him any piece of mind and continued to read. seokmin pouted at the lack of acknowledgement, climbing on top of the older and hugging his waist with his head on jisoo's stomach.

"what? what do you want?" jisoo asked, lifting up his book and looking down quizzically. "did you break something?"

"no" seokmin replied, voice coming out muffled as his face was buried into the other's sweater. "i just want a hug"

and that was true. his mind was full of all these negative based thoughts that he needed something to clear them out. being with jisoo always seemed to boost seokmin's spirits. jisoo creased his eyebrows together but let it slide, deciding to run his fingers through his boyfriend's hair as they snuggled together. after a few moments, seokmin began playing with the hem of jisoo's sweater before tucking his head inside the clothing, making the older shriek in surprise. luckily he was wearing a shirt underneath, otherwise, jisoo would be experiencing an embarrassment overload. he spluttered out random words, feeling flustered. 

"get out of my sweater, lee seokmin" jisoo told the other sternly, lifting the fabric and shoving seokmin's head off his stomach.

"yeah, that was a lot cuter in my head" seokmin sighed.

"i don't know how that could ever be considered cute" jisoo crinkled his nose, allowing seokmin to dive in a press a sweet kiss upon his lips. the younger had his arms on either side of jisoo's head, hovering over his partner who slowly let his book fall onto the spot beside him. jisoo's hand went into seokmin's hair as his arm rested on his shoulder. smiles graced with faces once they parted.

"hyung"

"hmm?"

"i like you a lot" that made jisoo kiss him again as he mumbled against seokmin's lips,

"i like you too, min"

-

over the past few days, it had been snowing and jisoo felt as if he was living in an actual wonderland. the moment he awoke to head to school, jisoo glanced out the window after pulling up the blinds and almost screamed in delight when the streets were being sprinkled with a small coat of tiny ice crystals. he would totally skip school and play in the snow for the whole day but he would have to wait for the weekend for that.