chapter five

>> just cause it's my birthday, here's an update bc i'm reAllY into this book now lmao

jisoo awoke to the familiar sound of his alarm and his brain instinctively processed through his morning routine. he showered, changed into a plain shirt and jeans and had his coffee. he had ethics today and he still hadn't gotten his book back. luckily, seungcheol had shown him the questions they had to answer and he managed to do them all in a separate book. no matter how nervous or shy jisoo was feeling, he would have to ask seokmin for his notebook back regardless.

jisoo tried not to think about how awkward it would be. seokmin would probably think he was stupid for mistaking his bag as his own but whatever. after all, this was done, jisoo would never speak to him again, not that seokmin would want to anyway. another thought then slipped into jisoo's mind.

what if seokmin saw all his confessions?

jisoo felt his stomach churn and drop. no... he couldn't have. seokmin probably flipped through the first half, noticed it wasn't his book and left it. well, that's what jisoo made himself think in order to ease his nerves.

it was finally time to leave and jisoo put on a cap to make his outfit a little more put together, instead of it just looking like he put on random clothes he found of the floor. the university student's earphones were in, used to drown out the sounds of people and cars around him, allowing jisoo to think about anything.

he a boarded the bus and sat in a free seat which there were many of since not many people seemed to be up before 8:30 am. jisoo had a two-hour lecture to start of his day and he wished he would just nap right through it all. he wished he didn't have to interact with seokmin. jisoo just wished he didn't have school today. he'd rather be clambered over and used as an obstacle to the preschoolers than do this.

when it was finally his stop, jisoo thanked the bus driver in his gentle tone and stuffed his hands in his pockets. it was kind of cold today, he should have checked the forecast. it also looked like it was going to rain with the grey clouds slowly creeping towards the sun. jisoo crossed is fingers that it would only rain the moment he got home.

before the lecture, jisoo decided to get another cup of coffee just in case his caffeine high would run out.

________

at 11:05 in the morning, jisoo found himself walking towards ethics with seungcheol raving about his new boyfriend who just happened to be jisoo's best friend, yoon jeonghan who, was now a successful model. because with visuals like his, who wouldn't hire him?

of course, being the saint he was, jisoo set the two up as they always seemed to have some sort of tension between them. if he had known they would be all lovey-dovey every day, jisoo would have made sure they never would have met.

"yes, i understand, cheol. jeonghan's hair is soft. i know that. the whole universe knows that" jisoo sighed, glaring at his friend who didn't seem to care about his words and only had a lovesick expression permanently painted on his face.

"well, that was just friendly reminder"

the younger shook his head but smiled. he was genuinely happy for them, no matter how annoyed he acted.

the class should have started by now but the professor had stepped out of the class momentarily which allowed a few tardy students to secretly sneak in. amongst a few of those people was lee seokmin, though jisoo couldn't help but notice he was walking in with a girl, smiling at her and conversing happily.

jisoo squinted his eyes, watching the two sit next to each other, not breaking conversation. jisoo didn't even know seokmin spoke to any girls in this class. they weren't dating... right?