~Chapter 2~

AN: Hey, wonderful people! Part 2 brings more light to the craziness (but not too much, I like being mysterious, or at least I think I am...). Also, we sorta have a steamy scene at the end *gasp and blush*

If you do end up liking the chapter, leave some crumbs of love, please. :D

Your Fearsome Hamster

(Above is a choice for Azrael :p)

The smoke started drifting. It seemed like...the mist was bowing in front of her. His eyes closed for one sole second only for them to jump back to watching her.

"I finally found you. My mistress."

Mistress? Elyse gulped down the terror she was feeling at the demonic sight. Was the apparition talking to her? With her limbs still tied, she struggled to look back at the other girls. All of them were scared, including Marcella, and wordlessly watching her.

She was alone in this madness.

Her chin started shaking, a sure sign of her building hysteria. The demon was real. It was real and it was her it was addressing. She wanted to close her eyes and pretend Rosanna's stupid game never happened. Pretend they never summoned a bloody demon. A bloody demon entirely too focused on her.

"Mistress," it insisted again, its frustration seeping into its hissing voice. Apparently, it did not like to be ignored.

When Elyse snapped her gaze back to the creature, she shrieked in fright. The black smoke figure was so much closer to her than before. Her breathing space was now invaded, the mist everywhere and with it a heady aroma of burnt cinnamon. Her lungs were filled with it.

A rare spurge of courage made her shout: "Get away from me, Satan!" Every fibre of her being wanted to crawl away from the abomination, but a hidden sense warned her not to dare cross the drawn circle. Cross it and the consequences would be dire. Not just for her, but for the entire humanity.

"What daring vitality coursing through you, Mistress," it purred directly in her ears. A cold breath was felt on her jaw. "How delicious," the breath slowly trailed over the skin of her neck, hunting every inch of exposed flesh "it shall be"; goosebumps arose on her collarbone where the smoke covered head stopped its sinful descent "to taste it."

Trembling with dread, Elyse kept her tied body in place. "Never."

The sacred circle was yet untouched.

Angered, the creature hissed viciously. The walls of the basement started shaking. The air turned downright arctic. Her scared breaths now came out in visible puffs in front of her. With her hands and legs strongly secured in knots of rope, Elyse could do nothing in the wake of the creature's escalating fury.

"Do not deny me," its once green eyes swiftly flashed crimson red and the apparition abandoned its human form, turning into an angry tornado of black smoke all contained in the chalk drawn disk. Faster than her eyes could track, the malevolent tornado headed to her, choking her with its frost and entering her lungs. Ice seemed to grow from within her very soul.

She fainted for the second time that evening.

................................

She was lying down in the softest silk–a far cry from the cheap raspy cotton on the orphanage's beds. She did not want to open her eyes and abandon the sweet warmth of the mattress, despite something in the back of her mind cautioning her to do exactly that without delay. The suave material was caressing her skin and was tightly wrapped around her like a cocoon.