~Chapter 12~

AN: The chapter you have all been waiting for! 

Tonight I am going to see the new Avengers movie, and as I was too hyped for it, this update comes a bit early!  Unfortunately, this also ends the quick-update-series as exam term is upon me, but I think this chapter has enough of Azrael to tide you over for a bit. :)

Peace out,

Your Fearsome Hamster

PS: Who's your favourite Marvel hero/villain? Mine is Bucky <3.

Her hands clasped tightly together in supplication and she whispered his name.

"Azrael, please, I need your help," she sobbed.

Deeply buried underneath her escalating grief, Elyse felt something akin to relief seeing dark smoke gather from the corners of the dim chamber and suddenly coalesce in front of her. After Sister Ann's banishment, a fortnight ago, it was Azrael's first physical apparition. Not for a lack of trying on his side of course – the creature had doggedly haunted her sleep. She had ignored his attempts so far. Now, she feared her lack of response to his calls would be enough for the demon to return the favour and ignore her as well.

Yet, there he was. He towered over her when he finally emerged from the shadows, the top of his red mane nearly bumping into the material of the low hanging tent. "Mistress." his voice grave and cold. She could not help but notice that his trademark smirk was gone.

With a trembling hand, she rapidly rubbed the tears drying on her face and squared her shoulders. She could not be at her weakest when talking to a demon. Especially after knowing his true intentions. Before she had the chance to speak, Azrael abruptly crowded her.  A puff of burnt cinnamon filled her nostrils at his proximity.

"Little bird, who hurt you?"he adamantly asked, his aloof demeanour forgotten, green eyes glinting dangerously as he finally noticed the distress marring her features. Tired, red-rimmed eyed and sniffling, she must have looked like a mess. "Tell me," a rumble filled the room when she remained speechless in her stupor. Elyse wondered how Alora did not hear it.

His dark claws reached towards her. She stepped back before he could make contact. He growled lowly.

"No o-one, no one! This is not about me," she pointed to the limp figure lying lifelessly on the bed behind them. "My friend, he is dying, the physician says there is no hope." Elyse forced herself to gingerly take Azrael's hand. His skin was so warm. Human emotions might be lost on him, but she had to make him understand.

"Please, I know you can help him," desperation dripped from her voice.

The demon narrowed his eyes. Something flashed across his face. His hand tightened on hers and roughly jerked her closer. She yelped as he curled his lips, sharp teeth on display.

The aromatic candles scattered around the room were suddenly extinguished as coldness sipped into the tent. Elyse risked a concerned glance to Samuel. Her friend was still there, his form as still as ever. Noticing her fleeting look, the demon growled menacingly.

"You mistake me for some benevolent angel, Mistress," his tone was mocking. "You have forgotten I am a creature of destruction, an aberration of nature as you Sister liked to call me," Elyse flinched at his biting words. He continued "Yet, here you are, asking your demon for aid, to help a friend."