~Chapter 16~

21/01/2019 

AN: Happy New Year, everyone! Sorry for going MIA, I was just busy making lemonade with the lemons life threw me. Thanks for your continued support! :)

Much love,

Fearsome Hamster

P.S. For those who remember, that forgotten smut scene is coming, I promise :D.

AN: Hello, peeps! Early update!

Thanks for those who continued to support me despite the slight change in updating schedule. :) It means a lot. You da real MVPs! <3 Sorry I cannot respond to your comments on Inkitt, it'll always be my greatest grievance on there. 

Fearsome Hamster

PS: For those remembering my promise for smut (I see y'all!), it'll be in next chapter. :p

Something kept drawing him to the servants' floor.

The demon snarled softly. His focus should be on gaining more power so he could free himself, yet this mysterious instinct could not be denied. In vain he had tried to ignore it only to retrace his steps back to the same old corridor. He had to follow it to its end or else he would go mad.

At least, his powers were growing. Soon, he would be free of the earthly shackles that bound him to her; soon his Mistress would perish like so many of her kind deserved. However, the familiar desire to destroy was momentarily overshadowed.

Even the fulfilling taste of violence had lost its appeal nowadays.

It made him curious, an emotion he had not felt in centuries, especially here. What could this mortal realm possibly offer him that he had not already destroyed, tasted or fucked?

He finally arrived at the door separating him from his obsession. Hardly could he wait to dissolve the mystery and be done with it. The predator in him did not like the strange fervour which dominated him just at the mere thought of what laid beyond this door. It made him weak.

The creature let himself effortlessly turn into dark smoke, inconspicuously enter through the crack between the floor and the door and emerge into the servant's room.

As his corporeal form solidified, his senses were, as ever, assaulted by the misery of the mortal realm. The servants' quarters even more so. The ceiling showed signs of mould on its surface, the air thick with it. The small beds were cramped against each other, the sheets on them rough and cheap. Not surprisingly, his Mistress would not spare an extra coin for the comfort of her underlings.

Yet, among the poverty, a light shined through. And like a lost ship in angry waters, he followed the promise of safe shores as his nostrils were teased by the sweetest scent.

The tantalising trail led him to an even smaller chamber with a makeshift cot in the corner. He felt the presence of another being in it.

The demon was wary now, stopping his mad pursuit for a brief moment.

Was it indeed a human fledgling his instincts had been driving him to chase? What was he, a Prince of Darkness, supposed to do with it? Only much more primitive demons would eat it. He felt fooled by lady luck.

Nevertheless, the darkness in him demanded to cross the distance and claim whatever it was it for its own. Demons were indeed greedy creatures, but the intensity of his last though unnerved him, perhaps even scared him. Even now, the hesitance was costing him; it almost hurt to be away.