0.4

>>>>Seven

I heard a phone vibrate from somewhere in the house. Probably mine... if it was that strange number again I would be so pissed. I don't have time to worry about it right now, I already knew Mae was beginning to lose her faith in me.

"I think I'm gonna turn in for the night," Mae murmured, yawning. "It's pretty late. Do you want to join me in bed?" She asked, cutely rubbing an eye. I chuckled and kissed her cheek. She was just so precious. "Of course. Be there in a few." She then stood up and shuffled into our bedroom, shutting the door.

I stood up quickly and walked into the bathroom, seeing my phone on the sink. Picking it up, I saw that I had received a message from Yoosung. At least it wasn't that blocked number...

Yoosung: Hey, Mae came over earlier asking about you. Do you need to talk about something?

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. What was I supposed to say? I don't want to lie; that's not who I was anymore. Still... maybe it would just be better to keep him out of this. No use in hurting more people than necessary. I typed back.

Seven: No, everything is fine. Thanks for asking.

I didn't bother to read the message he sent after that and put my phone on the kitchen counter, plugging it in and retreating to my room. I opened the door slowly and closed it behind me. Mae was playing a game on her phone, concentrating on the screen. I swiped the device from her and set it on the other side of the room. She glared at me through the dark. "What was that for! I was playing a game," she mumbled, folding her arms and pouting. I chuckled and dug around in her drawers, looking for my boxers. "It's not good to be on your phone late at night, princess. You know that."

After finding a pair, I pulled them on under my towel. I hung the dank towel on a chair and climbed into bed with Mae. She was facing away from me, arms still crossed. I set my head in the crook of her neck. "Come on, don't be that way, kitten. I know you love me."

She suddenly turned around to face me with a scowl. "So what... that doesn't mean anything..." I rolled my eyes and wrapped my arms around her, kissing her head softly. "I know it means everything to you. And I know that when I call you kitten or princess or baby girl, it makes your heart race, and I know that you can't resist me because you think I'm perfect. I know so many things about you, probably more than you know about yourself. And I'm in love with every little detail," I finished, taking a breath. "You know you have my heart."

She looked up at me with tears in her eyes, and suddenly I felt bad. "No wait- did I make you feel bad? I'm sorry! I didn't mean to I-" Mae shook her head and buried her face in my chest. "That was adorable," she murmured. "I love you, Saeyoung. Please don't leave me."

My heart ached at the fact that she thought I would do such a thing. She doesn't deserve to be hurt. She's just too good for this world... too good for me. But even so, I would still protect her with everything I have.

"I won't leave you, Maebee. I love you too much to do that." I murmured softly, stroking her hair. "Do you still want to get married at the space station?" I asked, half joking. She giggled. A light, cute sound. "I don't know, maybe. But Jaehee probably won't come, and she was going to be my maid of honor!" Mae exclaimed, pouting. "Maybe I'll just have to choose someone else..." I shook my head. "No, I want you to be happy. Maybe it can be a pretend space station. How about that?"

After a few moments, she answered. "I think that would be best. Can we have all the guests from the last party come?" She asked, a curious twinkle in her eye. I chuckled, remembering Mira the mummy and the God of Genesis... also Longcat. "Ha... sure, Mae. Whatever makes you happy." Mae squealed and smiled brightly at me. "Yay! It's gonna be amazing," she said wistfully, her eyes suddenly becoming distant.

I pulled her closer to me and breathed in her scent, never wanting to forget it. Everything about her; her smile, her laugh, her kind heart... It was all so beautiful and enticing. She had me so hooked on her, it was hard to breathe sometimes.

I noticed her breathing became heavier, and she was asleep. I smiled to myself. "Goodnight, Mae. Sweet dreams for my princess." I kissed her forehead and began to drift off to the scent of her vanilla perfume.

•••

A/N: Just a little fluff chapter because why not (: This book gets kind of intense and sad so I want to make it as pleasant as possible in the beginning so you can look back and go "Aw I miss those times."

Yeah I'm probably a mean author lmao,, Thanks for reading! ~Liz