1.2

>>>>Mae

I blinked, a bit shocked at what I was hearing.

"W-with you?" I managed, coughing. "Jumin, not to be rude, but I don't think that's proper..." He furrowed his eyebrows. "What do you mean? We're friends, it shouldn't matter."

I exhaled. Right, just friends. What was I getting worked up over? He wasn't going to do anything I didn't want anyways. Jumin wasn't the greatest person, but he wasn't a monster, either.

I nodded. "You're right. There's nothing wrong with that. Well, don't you have some work or something you should be doing?" I asked, tilting my head. The less time I spent with him, the better. He shrugged. "No, not necessarily. I can push that back to tomorrow. You know Jaehee can take care of it for me anyways," he answered.

I frowned. I didn't want to make Jaehee have more work.. but maybe she would understand considering the situation. I sighed. "Okay. Should we get to bed now?" He smiled at me. It wasn't warm... more like a cold, empty smile. It sent chills down my spine.

"I'm not sleeping until late. I have other things to attend to besides work." He explained nonchalantly, taking a sip of his wine. Why did I decide to stay here... 'Other things?' I should probably just run out right now. "However, you can get dressed for bed. You'll probably have to wear some pajamas of mine, sorry. I don't have anything tailor made for you yet."

That "yet" scared me. What did he mean by "yet?" I don't plan on staying here again. That's just.. creepy.

Jumin took my hand and gave it a gentle kiss. I smiled and pulled away, waving to him. I padded upstairs into the rest of his mansion. It was rather large, but it wasn't hard to tell where his room was. I'm assuming it had a sign on it or something. That's what rich people did with their money, right?

But.. while I was alone, shouldn't I snoop around— at least just a little? That sounded right.

I sighed deeply as I snuck around Jumin's halls, looking for any suspicious rooms. Most were pretty normal— a game room here, office there. A lot of bathrooms and guest bedrooms could be found as well. But I came across a plain black door. Nothing on it, no plaque or sign. Just a plain, black, metal door. I tried the knob, but it was locked. Darn, if only Seven were here.

I frowned and decided to move on. I could feel a cold draft coming from that room, so maybe it was best I stayed away from it anyways. The whole situation was just eerie.

I finally found Jumin's room after snooping around a bit and walked in tiredly. His room was large and had a lot to look at, but I couldn't care less. I was tired as it is. So instead of snooping more, I fell back into his bed and stared at his ceiling. Did he say I could wear some of his pajamas? Did I even want to...?

I decided to see if I could find anything to wear, anything more comfortable than my heavy sweater and tight leggings. I decided to dig around in his closet. I found mostly suits, but after a short bit I found a few sets of pajamas. I took the shirt of one and put it on after stripping of my other clothes, sighing at the instant relief I felt. I then noticed a small panel behind a pair of shoes. A hidden panel? What was Jumin Han hiding...

I looked around and crouched down, trying to tug it open. After a few hard pulls, it busted open. I peeked inside and saw a small compartment with a few... choice items. I pulled out a pair of red high heels, that seemed to have some sort of tracker on them. I started to become more worried when I found red ribbon as well, just sitting in the box.

Suddenly, I heard footsteps coming down the hall. I hurriedly shoved the shoes back inside the compartment and jammed the door panel shut, standing up and closing the closet. The door to Jumin's bedroom opened just as I did so.

Luckily, it wasn't Jumin. Just a maid of his. I sighed and she smiled at me. "Miss Mae, hello." She greeted kindly. I smiled back at her. "H-hi... Er— could you tell me something about Jumin?" I asked, leaning in closer to whisper. She raised an eyebrow and I gestured towards his closet with a jerk of my head. "The closet— there's a small compartment in there with ruby red shoes and ribbon. Do you know why that's there?"

Suddenly, the maid's eyes widened and she smoothed out the bedsheets quickly before giving me a worried glance. "Don't worry about that, please, Miss. You will only get yourself into trouble."

I nodded in understanding and she smiled apologetically, taking my hands in her own. "Be careful around Mr. Han. He's... not who you think he is." And with that, she was gone. Jumin walked in as she left, looking back at her with a quizzical glance. He then smiled when he saw me. "You look great, Mae. I just need to get a shower and I'll join you in bed." I nodded and he went into a door that I didn't notice before.

I took one last glance at the closet before settling into bed and closing my eyes, ignoring any bad thoughts. Jumin would never do anything to harm me, so that was just ridiculous. I would be okay.

As I drifted off to sleep, I couldn't help but think of the ruby heels, sparkling in the dark. What did they mean?