Magician's backstory

I didn't always work in the circus, I used to be a normal teenager. That was in tell my father murdered my mother. Maybe I'm being a little straight forward, but then again I've never cared about what others think. 

*flashback*

''YOU STIPID WOMEN WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE TYRING TO MAKE RULES IN THIS HOUSE '''' DONT YOU DARE TALK TO ME LIKE THAT , I OWN THIS HOUSE IM THE ONLY ONE THAT WORKS.'' '' THAT IS IM DONE'' . Hearing a fall my 15 year old self runs downstairs  to see my mother dead on the floor. I didn't cry , I didn't  give her the blink of an eye, for that was the moment I  lost all of my sanity. Realizing what he had just done he grabbed his gun pointing it at himself he pulled the trigger. Falling to the floor his spirit left his body to return to the hell it came from.  I stand their smiling knowing they will never bother me again. I pack my stuff and leave the house  hoping the police will realize it was a murder suicide not a homicide. I found a cabin in the woods and set up camp, over the years I start practicing voodoo and black magic. I start working at a circus and become friends with co-workers. It turns out their as f**ked up as me .

*flashback over*

I stare at the walls of the cabin counting the lines carved upon it.   For every person who dies in the carnival I add another mark to the death tally. 126 is what I have so far but their will defiantly be more to come.