Promise

The day seems to be a bit hot, the detective boys were at the convenience store to buy some food for the camp planned by professor Agasa.

"Conan-kun, here!" Ayumi shouted as she pointed toward the bread section.

"Just pick your choice guys.. " Haibara stated, flashing her usual calm expression.

"Okay!!" the detective boys answered gracefully and dashed in opposite directions, headed to the section they wanted to go.

"Genta-kun! here, let's take some" Mitsuhiko shouted at Genta as he took packs of biscuits excitedly.

"Woah! Yeah! I like them all!" Genta replied and followed the other in picking some more. Conan approached the two with his hands shoved in his pockets.

"Don't get too much guys, we're just staying for two days and one night there." The boy said, quite annoyed at the number of boscuits the other two boys have on their arms.

"Uh... okay" the two responded, a bit disappointed as they put most of the taken biscuits back on the shelves.

"Ah, Ai-chan, why don't we go there. Let's buy some fruits and vegetables!!" Ayumi cheerfully pointed at the fruits and vegetables section while looking at Haibara and hurried towards place with sparkling eyes.

"Hmmm... good idea." The brunette plainly answered before following the girl.

"Genta! Mitsuhiko!  Let's head there as well." Conan called out at the two other boys, whose biscuits are now placed in the cart. Genta pushed the items and followed Conan and the others.

They bought some vegetables like carrots, potatoes, peppers and the like and some fruits like bananas and apples, and other items they will need during the camp. Omce they were done, they headed home.

"Uhm... I'm almost home guys, let's just meet tomorrow!" Ayumi said as she waved her hand and run all the way going home, leaving the others.  "Bye everyone!"

"Bye!" they all said in overlapping voices, Genta and Mitsuhiko waving back at her.

Walking a little further, it was also near Mitsuhiko and Genta's houses. They parted from the two as well and waved goodbye.

"Bye Ai-chan! Bye Conan-kun! " Conan and Haibara just waved back in courtesy.

"Bye!" Conan responded.

Now, Haibara and Conan were the only ones left. It was evening and the skies were already dark, the sunset long far gone. Haibara was about to speak when suddenly, she felt a dangerous aura that could only be  from the Black Organization.

"A-ah..." she stummered nervously. Her face began to pale, gaining the boy's attention.

"What's the matter Haibara?" Conan asked, worried evident on his face. Judging from the girl's expression, he could think of only one reason. 

"I-I felt the B-Black Organization... " she replied as sweat dripped on her face. "But you promised to protect me right, Edogawa-kun?" she continued. Her face looked like she was in pain, but the worry eating her made it worse.

"Of course, I'm the one who told you that after all." Conan answered with a smile to reassure the brunette. It was then when Haibara sighed in relief.

"Now, I feel better." A small smile escaped from her face, but the worry still lingered.

Now, they're almost at the residence. It's time for them to go home as well. They can't afford to get in any danger at this time of the day.

"Bye Edogawa-kun!" Haibara waved goodbye to the other. As soon as her back turned to him, he couldn't help but smile. Of course he won't forget the promise, right?

"B-Bye Haibara... " Conan responded, a little too soft that it can not be heard from her distance. He just shrugged it off and continued walking.

As Haibara entered the Professor's house, she felt something she never felt before. Her chest was pounding loudly she could feel the beating in her throat, her face felt hot from who knows why, and her face damp from sweat. It was an indescribable feeling, everything was new to her.

"W-What's that? what's this feeling? Like I feel something when I'm with and away from him?" she muttered to herself as she clenched her chest "Why? How? I-I don't... get it... "

It wasn't that long when suddenly, her phone rang...

-Conan's POV-

What was that? What was the Black Organization doing there? Why did Haibara just felt them out of nowhere? But one more thing, what is this feeling? A feeling I can't get out of my chest? My heart... is beating loudly. Why?

Tada!! sorry for the typos...

^_^ Wait for the next chapter... it's so dangerous o.O

You can comment what you feel and feel free to vote :),,, thank you ^_^

I hope you're enjoying my story...