Chapter 9

A/N

SORRY! I HAVEN'T UPDATE IN AGES BECUASE I WAS STUCK ON WHAT TO WRITE NEXT. SOS! BUT ANYWAYS, I FINALLY GOT A WHOLE CHAPTER WRITTEN. IT'S THE WEDDING CHAPTER, I HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOY IT AND EVENTUALLY CONTINUE READING HOW MUHAMMAD AND JAWARIYAH FALL IN LOVE. 

 THANX FOR THE 500 VIEWS AND THE 79 VOTES.

X0X0 <JENABA>

---------------------------

Haifa is frying scrambled eggs when I enter the kitchen. She's picked out one of my red dotted aprons from my closet and is wearing it like it belongs to her.

''You shouldn't be up this early, a bride needs her beauty sleep.'' She looks over at me with her big dark brown eyes.

I open the fridge and take out an almost empty milk box. ''I couldn't sleep.'' Mum made me go to sleep early yesterday because she knew how much I need to rest. But, I kept on waking up every minute of night, It was only me in my room and I am always used to sleeping with Harrison next to me but he went over to Muhammad's house and I wouldn't be seeing him until later today.

''Weren't you busying thinking about Muhammad?'' I roll my eyes at her and as I take a glass cup from the dry rack and pour milk for myself.

''Admit it!''

''Admit what?''

''That you actually don't have feelings for that Muhammad dude.'' I totally shocked at her question, of cause I liked Muhammad he's great...

''Yeah, I do have feelings for him. Why are you asking?''

She turned over the  heat on the stove and turns around to meet my curious eyes. ''I kinda feel like the only reason who said yes was that you only wanted you wanted to make Haris happy. ''

No. No. I shook my head, ''One of the reasons why I said yes was because I wanted to make Harrison happy but that wasn't the actual reason I agreed to the marriage.''

Haifa looks at me and nods. ''So, what was the actual reason why you agreed to the proposal ?''

I place the glass cup into the sink and turn back to Haifa with eyes filled with tears. ''Because I was wanted to find a way to overcome my grief and I thought that it was possible if I married someone who I would learn to open my heart to.''

''Shh...'' Haifa pulled me into an embrace, letting me sob quietly on her shoulder.

''I am sorry but please not think that I don't want Muhammad to marry me.''

''I know you like him and I also know it was a way out for you to overcome your grief.''

***

"To stand, and always be seen as man and wife, fulfilling their din...'' Maryam sings as she combs my hair. Layla is sitting on the bed with eyes glued to screens.

''Your voice sounds like a dying donkey!'' Haifa says walking into the room. She's already changed into a long floral dress and she's wearing a plain white hijab.

Maryam ignored her and continued to sing. ''From this day on, forever be true cherish this life that's destined for you......''

''Have people already arrived yet?'' I ask.I haven't been downstairs since breakfast, mum shooed me for because I was distracting her from cleaning up. I kept on ranting on about how I needed to send Harrison's  school applications but she kept on saying that there was still time. 

''Yeah, the living room is already filled.''

After, Maryam is done combing my hair we sit and wait for the hairdresser to arrive.

Layla puts on nasheeds on her Ipad and we sing along with our horrible voices.

''Can you put Mash'Allah? Please!'' I begged that was my favourite nasheed from Zain Maher and I wanted to listen to it so bad.

Before Layla could like play on her Ipad, there's a knock on the door followed by a voice. ''It's Zayd.''

As we hear it's Zayd, my sisters and I get up in a hurry running around the room trying to find a hijab to wear.

''You got your hijabs on?'' Haifa asks and we give her a thumbs up.

I lower my gaze as Zayd enters the room.

In two seconds, Zayd went like he never even came.

'' That hairdresser needs to hurry up!'' I state as I take off my hijab. Muhammad had already arrived and that meant I only had a few minutes to get ready before I am called to the garage.

''The hairdresser is here!'' Layla shouts five minutes later.

I prayed Dhur before she began to do my hair. My family had already put her food to eat and she talked throughout it about how amazing my family is and how delicious the food was.

After the hairdresser left, I remained seated as Haifa did my makeup.

''What did your mum cook?'' I ask as she applies my mascara. Haifa's mum is the most amazing cook ever. When I was in high school, I always left home without breakfast and would also walk to Haifa's house to have breakfast because her mum's food was delicious.

''Blueberry cheese tarts and some other bunch of desserts.'' I couldn't be happier, I get to eat my favourite food on my wedding day cooked by the most amazing chef.

Tomorrow will be a new chapter in my life. This book is getting very interesting.