Chapter 11

Jawariyah's POV

Jawariyah's POV

The smell of pancakes greets me as I come downstairs. Harrison is sitting on the floor watching TV and eating pancakes dripped in a mountain of maple syrup,  Muhammad is in the kitchen washing a pile of dirty dishes.

''Good morning,'' I say as I walk over to the kitchen. ''Can I help with anything?''

There aren't many things to do expect help Muhammad clean the dishes and probably wipe the kitchen benches. 

''Yeah, I put a bit too many pancakes for me and it would be amazing if you could finish it.'' Muhammad rinses his soapy hands and wipes them on the tea towel. He walks over to me with a polite smile and pulls me into a warm hug. He smells like pancakes and maple syrup which kinda reminded me of Mahmoud when he had -

He's gone! He's dead!

''You okay?''I hadn't realised that he had already pulled away from the embrace. I smile politely at him and nod my head. ''Yeah.''

Muhammad hands me the plate of pancakes with a smile on his face, his hair looks lighter in the light and it looks longer than last night. 

''I wanna grow it a little and then I will cut it insh'Allah,'' Muhammad comments when he notices that my eyes are glaring at his hair. ''Does it look ugly?''

''No, it looks cool.'' I've always had a thing for guys with long hair.

I  take a seat on the dining table and begin to eat, Muhammad goes back to cleaning the dishes.

''Aren't  you going to work?''

''Today is Saturday.'' Of cause it was Saturday. The nikkah and the walima was on Friday since both our parents wanted it to be on a blessful Friday.

When I finally finished eating breakfast is when Harrison notices that I've come downstairs. He's always been like that when his favourite show is playing on TV,  he would always be too focused into that and forget about everything.

He waves to me as I walked into the living room and take a seat on the couch.

''Did you sleep well?''

''Yes, I like my bedroom.'' When Muhammad informed me that Harrison had his own bedroom I was happy because his wish had finally come true. Harrison always complained about my snoring at night and told me that he wanted to get his own bedroom so he didn't have to hear my horrible snoring.

I sit there for a good one hour watching TV and scrolling through photos of yesterday that Haifa had sent me. 

My phone rings. 

 ''Hello?'' I pick it up without even checking the caller ID.

''Jawa!'' Haifa answers. ''I've been trying to call you since the beginning of time!' I hear her sight at the other end of the phone.