Chapter 17

Jawariyah's POV

Jawariyah's POV

"When does Muhammad finish work?" Maryam asks. It's Saturday and Maryam's staying at my house for a week since Mum and Layla have gone to Melbourne to check out Dad's house. Maryam is staying since she has exams this all week and didn't want to miss out her yearly exams.

"Soon, insh'Allah," I say pulling the blanket tight around me.

"Can I put on another movie?" Since she's been here, we've been spending endless hours watching movies after she finishes studying taking her mind off school.

''Sure," I hand her the TV remote and grab a tissue from the tissue box. I've been sick all week with the cold, first Harrison which he then passed it down to me. Muhammad's next. I wish him good luck.

My nose has been blocked all morning and I've been having headaches all day. The fridge has been empty since yesterday and I wanted to cook but Muhammad stopped me so Maryam cooked instead.

"This movie is incredible..." Maryam rants on about the movie Lion. I just nod my head as if I'm listening to her.

Ding!

A message from Muhammad pops up on my phone screen.

"Where your hijab? Muhammad's outside." I say to her. She throws the TV remote on the couch and runs off upstairs. She comes back downstairs wearing her Abaya and hijab.

I text Muhammad back. Seconds later, I hear the sound of the doorknob turning.

"As-salaam Alaikum," He locks the door behind him and enters the living room which is filled with Harrison's toys scatted all over the place.

"Wa alaikum salaam," Maryam and I return his salaam.

His hand is filled with shopping bags. I throw the blanket off myself and walk over to him grabbing the shopping bags from him walking off to the kitchen.

I place bags on the counter. "How was work?"
He wraps his hands are my waist pulling me to him. "I missed you." Muhammad states.

" Your gonna get sick," I warn trying to loosen his grip on me. But it doesn't work.

"I don't care," He shrugs. "I miss cuddling with you at night." Since we only have two bedrooms and one of them is Harrison's,  Maryam sleeps in my room and Muhammad sleeps either on the couch or on the floor in Harrison's bedroom.

"I don't miss you kicking me the whole night." Muhammad shakes his head and puts his forehead against mine closing his eyes.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm trying to be a great husband by pressing my forehead against my wife's forehead closing my eyes thinking about how blessed I am."

I chuckle. "How does this make you a great husband?" Muhammad opens his eyes and looks into my tired big brown eyes. "Shh, I'm trying to be romantic over here." I can feel his hot breath on my cheeks.

"Maryam can probably hear you."

"I don't care, " He says closing his eyes.

Without giving it a second thought I pressed my lips to his warm ones.

"What are you doing?" He asks when we pull back from the kiss.

I laugh. ''You said you don't care if you get sick.''

Muhammad shakes his head and smirks. "I was trying to sound romantic, oh and I really do care about my health."

"Yeah, Whatever." I pull out of his grip and start unpacking the shopping bags.

"You have to go and get some rest." He takes my hand in his and drags me out off the kitchen.

"You going to sleep?" Maryam asks looking over at me.

"Yeah," I nod

When we enter our bedroom, Muhammad puts his hands under my knees and carries me up in a bridal style.

He places me on the bed and pulls the covers over me.

I watch as he walks off to the closet picking out a thick black jumper for me to wear.

"Alhamdulliah, Allah has given me legs and hands to do things," I state putting the jumper on.

"Alhamdulliah, Allah has given me a role of a husband which I have to look after my beloved wife." He sits on the bed staring at me.

"You're supposed to be snoring by now!'' He exclaims.

"I am not tired," I protest.

"You don't have to be tired to sleep, Riyah."

"You can't watch me sleep."

"Why?" He asks.

"It's creepy."

"I've been watching you sleep since the day we got married."

"Seriously?" I ask in disbelief. I don't mind when people stare me but it's another thing when they watch you fall asleep.

"Yeah," An image of Muhammad lying on the bed beside me watching me as I sleep pops into my head.

"Why though?"

"Because something it feels like it might be the last time I see you and I want the last thing I see in the world to be something beautiful."

"So cheesy," I smirk.

"Sleep." Muhammad orders.

"I can't," I protest.

"It's not that hard to fall asleep."

I grab a pillow from behind me and throw it his face.

Muhammad picks up the pillow from the floor and climbs on the bed positioning himself behind me and wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Why do you wanted me to sleep so bad?" I ask turning around to face him.

"I want you to rest and besides you need it." He smiles.

He begins to stroke my hair causing me turn from him and lay back comfortable by back facing him.

Just before I fall asleep, I turn myself to face Muhammad.

"Say something,"

"Anything?" Muhammad asks.

I nod. "I love you." Muhammad places a kiss on my forehead.

"I love you too!"

If I meet Allah today, this is what I will tell him;

Your face was the last thing beautiful thing I saw.

Your voice was the last thing I heard.

Your kiss was the last thing I felt.

Your the best thing that he has blessed me with.

If I count my blessings, I would count you twice.