Chapter 3.

Stiles Stilinski

"Scott!" My jeep's horn blared from outside my best friend's house. He appeared outside, locking his door, and running to my car.

"Ready for one last day of sweet, sweet freedom before our first day of sophomore year tomorrow?"

"Hell yeah." Scott said, hopping in my car.

"Where to first?" I asked, starting up my jeep. It sputtered, and lurched forward, making me sigh. Even though by now I accept it, it still makes me a little, well...depressed.

"Mall?" He suggested.

I turned to look at him.

"The mall? How boring can you be?" I asked. "How about we..." I turned on the radio that was connected to my dad's. He was the sheriff, so everything came straight to my Jeep. I was itching to do something before school tomorrow.

"No." Scott grabbed my wrist, before I could reach it.

"But-"

"No, no, no, no, no, no, no. And just in case you didn't hear me before, because of the magical Stiles block, that seems to filter out my voice from entering your ears, let me be clear. No!"

"But Scott, we're starting school tomorrow."

"Exactly. I need to focus this year. We both hated last year."

"Because we were freshman. Everyone hates freshman, even when you are one."

"That's not all it was, Stiles."

There was a silence. I didn't know what to say, and neither did he.

"Ok." I said, starting the car. It finally stuttered to life. "We'll go to the mall."

"Thank you."

"We'll be normal for one day. But just to be clear, you buying me food." I said, pulling away from the curb.

"Yeah, yeah, what's new?"

A/N So this takes place right before the first episode of Teen Wolf. After the series finale of GMW. And then after Season 1 of Riverdale. (Except Stiles has the hair he has in season 3 and on bc yes.) All the new kids and freshman go to school a day before Stiles and Scott and everyone else does so yeah.