Chapter 6.

S c o t t

I was in the zone, preparing for tryouts tomorrow when my phone rang, breaking my focus. I groaned, going over to my desk, picking up my ringing phone, seeing it was my mom who had called me.

"Yeah?" I asked, pushing my hair away from my face, an annoyed lilt to my voice.

"Well, hello to you, too, my only son, whom I love very dearly."

"Sorry, Mom. I just was in the middle of something."

"Well, sorry to disturb you, but since I already have, go check on Riley and Maya, will you?" Her voice held worry.

"Why?" 

"Just make sure they're home, make sure they're okay."

"Mom." I rolled my eyes, plopping down on my bed."They're 15. I'm pretty sure they'll be fine."

"Scott, I'm not worried about them. I know they can take care of themselves. I'm worried about Beacon Hills." She joked, adding a light chuckle.

"Fair enough." I made a thoughtful face at the thought of my cousin and her blonde best friend, neither of whom I think I've figured out, yet. "Ok, I'm going." I sighed, grabbing a sweatshirt to slip on. 

"Thank you, hon. Also, remember I'm working late tonight, so they're your responsibility. And that means no going out with Stiles tonight."

"Trust me, I don't plan on it."

"Ok. Goodnight, Scott."

"Night, Mom." I said, hanging up the phone. I got up from my bed, making my way down the hall to the girls' room. I opened the door to the two curled up in the blankets, watching a movie on Riley's laptop. I entered the room, flicking the light on, causing both of them to look up at me.

"Hey." I greeted, sitting down at the end of the bed. "Whatcha watching?"

"Harry Potter." They both said, Riley in an excited and happy voice, while Maya's was monotone and bitter, like she'd lost an argument, which I'm 99% sure is what happened. 

"Fun." I said simply, exhaustion suddenly hitting me. 

But I was ripped away from my want for sleep, when I heard a noise outside, making the girls jump, and my eyes shoot to their window. I got up from the bed, looking out the window, not seeing a thing. 

"What was that?" Riley asked, with a shaky voice.

"I don't know." I spotted my old wooden baseball bat in the corner of the room. "Stay here." I walked out, grabbing the bat on my way. 

A/N It's happeeeeeeennnnnnnniiiiiiiiiinnnnnngggggg!!!!!!

I'm so fucking excited.

Also getting back in the writing mood. We'll see how long it lasts. 

-A