Empathy

Hiya!!!!! Could u do a Liam imagine where the reader is scotts sister and an empath so she can tell that Liam is scared about the full moon later so she calms him down by using her abilities.

Note: The trademark of an empath is feeling and absorbing other people's emotions and/or physical symptoms because of their high sensitivities. (psychologytoday.com)

Y/N POV

The full moon is generally a hard time for everyone in the pack. Especially on those who can't control their shifting, like Liam. I'm not technically a part of the pack, but since Scott is my brother I get the honor of being home when he chains up his friends in our basement.

It wouldn't be such a problem if I didn't absorb other people's feelings. During pack meetings I feel everyone's worry that it almost makes me sick. And when Scott is trying to come up with a plan to save everyone all the time? Or how about the time when the entire pack was pissed at Theo? Yeah, what a great time.

Currently, Scott and Stiles are chaining up Liam in our basement. I saw Liam when he came into the house and immediately started to feel his fear. He hide it pretty well from everyone else, but not from me. We said only a few words to each other before they went into the basement and I could hear the amount of fear in his voice. As the door shut, the sound of feet hitting the stairs and the sounds of chains drove me crazy.

I went upstairs and tried to try and calm down but I couldn't. The sound of chains still rang in my ears. The sound of a knock at my bedroom door broke me out of my trance, as Scott entered he said he and Stiles had something else to take care of and that Liam was to stay locked in the basement. I couldn't quite understand Scott's emotions as Liam's were too overpowering.

As soon as the front door shut, I was up out of my bed and making my way to the basement. I knew he could hurt me if he switched but I can't stop feeling his sense of terror. I unlocked the door slowly, as not to startle him more and quietly made my way down the stairs. The sight of Liam chained in the dark room made my heart break. He was truly terrified. Not only about what was happening to him but the thought of hurting anyone else.

"Liam..?" I said softly, yet he heard me.

"Y/N, you're not suppose to be down here. I'll hurt you. I don't want to hurt you" he sputtered out.

"Liam" I said, moving slowly towards him "you won't hurt me, I know you won't"

As I moved closer, the fear in his eyes only grew. The glowing yellow eyes looking back at me softened when I placed my hand on his cheek.

"You're not gonna hurt me Liam, I feel the fear you're experiencing, just let me help you".

Liam soon realized that even though I felt his fear, I wasn't afraid of him. He calmed and his whole body relaxed underneath the chains. I sat in front of him as his mood lightened with every word we spoke. An hour went by of us talking, about anything and everything. Once he opened up, his nerves drifted away. The sound of the basement door opening paused our conversation and Scott and Stiles ran down the stairs with more chains.

"Y/N? What the hell are you doing down here? It's the full moon!" Scott shouted.

"It's okay Scott, I'm fine" I explained.

"Yeah, Y/N helped me through it" Liam chimed in

"Well it looks like I won't need these chains after all, dang it" added Stiles disappointingly, "I really wanted to use these"