Love Sick (Thiam)

anon: hi!! can I pls get "I didn't know what to get you, so I brought chocolate, flowers, AND a huge stuffed animal" with either morey or thiam pls and thanks😁

warnings: swearing (if that's even a warning for my writing anymore)

Theo's POV

The drug store was surprisingly busy for a day supposedly reserved for love. Swarms of people weaved in and out of aisles filled with heart-shaped trinkets as I tried to remember what even brought me here.

I had called Liam earlier in the day, making sure he'd be ready at 7 for our date tonight when I was met with the sound of coughs and sneezes from the other line. Werewolves don't usually get sick, but when they do, it's no easy feat. After cancelling our reservation and listening to Liam apologize more times than I can count, I dropped everything and jumped in the car.

With a basket in hand, and a deep breath within my lungs, I made my way further and further into the store until I found the aisle I was looking for. Relief washed over me as I saw no one else was here, considering that I had no idea what medicine to buy and would probably have to read the back of every box.

After what felt like an eternity, and finding what I hoped would be Liam's correct medication, I added a couple boxes of tissues to the basket, unable to ignore all of the Valentine's gifts lining the shelves. Shades of red and pink covered ultimately half of the store, the sweet scent of chocolate almost overwhelming.

I pulled out my phone and dialed an unfamiliar number so quickly that when the ringing stopped, I was afraid it had been the wrong one.

"Theo? What's wrong? You never call me, oh God-it's Liam, what's wron-".

"Mason. Calm down. Nothing's wrong. Liam's fine" I said, trying not to roll my eyes in the process.

"Oh. I guess I just assume... what's up?" he replied.

"Well... don't.. Liam's sick, so we had to cancel our date tonight but I'm still at the store and was thinking of getting him something special because I can't take him out. You got any ideas?" I asked hopelessly, becoming overwhelmed by all of the potential gifts surrounding me.

"Hmm, Liam's never really been that in to Valentine's, well with Hayden anyway-", as he spoke the sound of her name made my stomach churn but I stayed silent, "-but you're different. He never looked at her the way he looks at you..". After that every word Mason said was kind of a blur as I couldn't help but focus on my immense love for Liam. Even though we'd been dating a while, my heart still raced when our fingers intertwined, and the warmth in my chest as he looked at me had yet to cease.

When I did tune back in, however, coming from the other line was Mason listing.. Foods? "Oh, and some pizza.. I could really go for some pizza" he said, as I could practically hear him drooling from over the phone. "Mason, dude, Liam and his gift. I need you to focus".

"Sorry, sorry I'm just really hungry. He'll love anything you get him, because you're the one giving it to him. You really can't go wrong'' he states. I throw my head back slightly and groan, still surrounded by a bunch of mini Cupid's.

"You're not helping, you know that? And for fuck's sake, go eat a snack" I told him frustratedly, before hanging up. I ran a hand through my hair, carrying the basket in the other, and began to wander the aisles just as I had seen so many do as I had walked in. While aimlessly wandering, I glanced into other people's baskets as they made their way down the same aisles. The problem was, everyone had such different things, it wasn't exactly much help to me either. After deciding upon a few things and checking out, I had a bit of a hard time getting everything back to my truck... especially the giant teddy bear.

Liam's POV

The day had consisted of sweatpants, laying on the couch trying not to move, and a bunch of Netflix. The warm blanket wrapped around my shoulders was the only thing separating me from the outside world. The knocking at the door pulled me out of my haze as I got up from my resting place on the couch and made my way towards the door, pulling my feet against the floor.

I opened the door slowly and was met with a very smiley Theo with very full hands. In one arm was a plastic bag holding God knows what, same hand holding a bouquet of flowers, and the other arm (and supporting leg?) was trying to wrangle a humongous teddy bear. He looked as if he was about to fall, so I rushed over, grabbed the bear out of his hands. "T-Theo? What are you doing here?" I asked, tossing the bears large figure onto the couch. I looked back over to him and and blush creeped over his cheeks softly.

"I didn't know what to get you, so I brought chocolate, flowers, AND a huge stuffed bear" he said, pulling a heart-shaped box out of the bag. I shot him a cheesy smile before starting to laugh, taking the flowers and chocolates out of his hands and laying them on the table, and taking his warm hands into mine. "You didn't have to do all this T" I whispered, taking another step closer to him.

"I wanted to, I love you Li" he whispered back, placing his forehead against mine. I knew he could feel my breath on his neck as I moved one of my hands to cup his cheek, the other to his strong shoulder. I brought my lips to his as he held me in a passionate embrace, wrapping his arms around my waist. When our lips parted, we stood in a comfortable silence trying to catch our breath.

"You know, if I get sick now, it's your fault" Theo said jokingly.

"And you know, if that giant bear is a better cuddler than you then we're done, and that's your fault" I shot back, trying to keep a straight face, but failing almost immediately. Theo's face twisted into an even bigger smile before pulling me in for another kiss and replying "I'd like to see him try".