Back on track

Uma's POV
Four weeks, that's all Uma had left until Harry came back. That meant she had four weeks to pull herself out of the funk she had allowed herself to fall into. She didn't want Harry to worry when he saw how far she had actually fallen since he left for training. Her main social life was work, though she got up with her friends and crew from time to time to keep people from getting too worried about her behavior. The one thing that people seemed to notice most was Uma's current preference for more...comfortable clothing. T-shirts, leggings and sweatpants had become her choice in fashion (a fact that Evie kept mentioning every chance she got).

When Uma woke this particular morning it was time for breakfast. Tired of the whispers and talk around school that she was depressed Uma set her mind on today being the day she actually put some effort into her appearance. From her closet she pulled a teal top with a black belt around the waist, black jeans and black combat boots. She pulled her hair into a high ponytail and called it good for the day. With her head held high Uma joined the rest of her school mates in the dining hall.

Upon arriving she noticed that her crew was spread out amongst other groups. Jonas and Desiree were surrounded by guards and Gil had taken to joining Jada for meals lately. He seemed to be taken with the princess and Uma was truly happy for her friend. Since sitting with the crew as a whole wasn't an option Uma searched for a certain blue haired VK. Within seconds her eyes found Evie sitting across from Mal, the two of them in deep conversation about something that seemed to be very important.

Deciding to interrupt the two girls Uma set her plate of food down next to Mal's "What are you two talking about? Did your favorite prince and princess split up?" She asked in a playful mocking tone. Both girls smiled "Uma! I see you decided to leave your room in something other than sweats," was Evie's teasing rebuttal. Rolling her eyes Uma sat down next to Mal and started eating the blueberry pancake she had decided to get. After completely chewing and swallowing her food Uma asked "Really though, what were you talking about?" Curious as to what they had been discussing before.

Plastering a fake smile on her face Mal answered "A few of us girls are going shopping," she paused "Doesn't that sound like so much fun?" She asked, sarcasm dripping from her voice. The truth was that it didn't sound like fun at all, but Uma needed to get her social life back on track so she said "Actually it does, can I come?" In a complete lie. Mal rolled her eyes. Evie on the other hand squealed in excitement "Of course! The more the merrier! Just let me tell Audrey to add one more spot." She replied happily, leaving to go find the daughter of Aurora. That just left Mal and Uma.

While the two girls had gotten over their past differences Uma still wasn't comfortable being around just Mal. It was apparent that the purple haired girl felt the same because the two ate their breakfast in silence. When she was finished Uma went back to her dorm. She had just gotten to the door when she got a text from Evie letting her know that they would be leaving after lunch. Telling her that she'd be there Uma laid down in her bed for a nap. While she slept she dreamt of Harry and what her subconscious wanted them to be.

In her dream they were married with three children, twin girls and a son. All three bore a striking resemblance to their father. They all seemed to be happy, which was strange since Uma never imagined having children. In fact l, based on her terrible childhood on the Isle and her poor example of a mother she was sure she never wanted any of fear of becoming Ursula. So to say that she woke up disappointed that it was all a dream was an understatement. A part of her, one Uma didn't know even existed in her, wanted for it to be real.

Getting over her disorientation Uma checked her phone to find she overslept. She needed to meet the girls downstairs in five minutes. In a panic Uma threw her shoes back on and ran from her dorm after grabbing her bag and wallet. Outside she saw the others were already in the limo, with the exception of Evie who was waiting on her. When she saw Uma Evie smiled " I was worried you weren't going to make it." She admitted.

Uma shook her head "Nah. I keep my promises." She said as the two of them joined the others in the sleek, black vehicle. The ride was spent snacking and talking about which boy was hottest. Everyone giggled when Melody, daughter of her mother's enemy, said "Harry Hook's pretty hot." And Uma glared in her direction, she was well aware of the fact but she didn't like other girls pointing it out. Especially not someone she was raised to hate. Sensing Uma's discontent Evie quickly answered "And that's why he's taken. Trevor isn't that bad looking though." Quickly changing the boy before things got ugly.

The rest of the drive Uma listened as the others talked about the boys in the school, thankfully no one else brought up her boyfriend. When they finally got there Uma was the first one to get out and stretch. One by one their group walked passed and finally Uma followed suit, going into the first store they saw. While shopping wasn't ordinarily her thing, she needed to get her social life back on track.

Uma's outfit

Evie's outfit

Evie's outfit

Author's note: I'm sorry it's so short and that it took so long

Author's note: I'm sorry it's so short and that it took so long. Like I said before, there's a lot going on right now and school isn't making it any easier. I promise the next chapter will be better and longer,thank you for being so patient with me. Love you,
Taylor