Dream house

**The next morning**

Uma's POV

As the sunlight crept in Uma slightly panicked when she felt an arm lightly draped over her, in her sleepy stupor she had forgotten that Harry had made it home in time for her to surprise her for graduation. She had also momentarily forgotten that Ben had been kind enough to reserve all of the graduates and those who attended the party two floors of a hotel so everyone could just sleep on the beach. Carefully sitting up and moving his arm so as to not wake him Uma took in the wonderful sight. Harry looked like a completely different person when he slept. He looked at peace. Uma knew that the physical and mental scars James Hook left on his only son would likely be there forever but in his sleep, it was like none of that could bother him, he almost looked like a normal teenager. Uma was proud of him too, because despite his childhood (a childhood most villain kids had if they survived the Isle) he was willing to rise above it and be more than his father ever was. To Uma that was almost as admiral as his loyalty was, and that was definitely something rare to come by coming from where they did.

Uma sat in their hotel bed pondering all of this when there was a light knocking on the door. Not wanting Harry to wake quite yet Uma hurried out of the bed to answer it. Quickly she opened the door to see Cj and Harriet both standing there. Before either one of them could open their big mouths Uma put her finger to her lips and stepped outside of their hotel room, closing the door behind her "What do you two want?" she asked a little irritated that they could have woken Harry up before nine on a weekend "King Ben said everyone needs to get up and come down to the banquet room for breakfast before check out at eleven." Cj told her and Uma sighed, it looked like she was going to have to wake Harry up after all "We'll be down in a few minutes." She told them before retreating back into her room. She turned to get ready to wake a sleeping Harry but saw that he was already sitting up in the bed and putting on a pair of red sweatpants.

"What did they want?" He asked as he pulled a white T-shirt over his head. Going to her suitcase for clean clothes Uma said "Ben wants everyone to come down for breakfast before we check out," Grabbing a pair of light jeans and plain teal t-shirt before excusing herself to the bathroom to get dressed. She reemerged moments later fully dressed with her pajamas from the night before in her hand. Wordlessly she put them in her suitcase before turning to Harry "You ready?" she asked, hoping he was because she was starving. She hadn't eaten much the night before so when he nodded the relief that came over her was overbearing. Hand in hand they walked down to the hotel's dining hall where almost everyone who had stayed was now eating, at the head of the table sat Ben and Mal who were so into their own conversation that they didn't seem to notice the new arrivals. 

Uma scanned the long table to two chairs beside each other and pulled Harry in their direction once she had found a place. The two ate in almost complete silence, mostly due to the fact that they were too hungry to speak, opting to listen to the various conversations around them. Finally, breakfast was over and they headed back to their hotel room to get their bags so they could check out before the set time. When they were sitting in the truck Harry said: "Before I take you back to Auradon Prep I have a surprise for you." And Uma quirked an eyebrow. He had surprised her with a teal SUV after graduation, so she had no idea what else he could have up his sleeve "Another surprise?" she asked, incredulous. Harry smirked, a smirk Uma wouldn't have minded wiping off of his face, as he replied "Yep. You're gonna love this one." cheekily, making Uma roll her eyes "Just drive." She ordered as she turned the radio on, pretending to listen to the music to hide the fact that inside she was excited at what else he may have in store for her.

About twenty minutes later as Uma was looking out of the passenger window Uma noticed a blue convertible behind them and then they were pulling over. Out of the car stepped Evie and then she was getting into the back of Harry's truck "Hey guys!" She said brightly as Uma turned around and asked: "What are you doing here?" Wondering what she had to do with. Looking rather apologetic Evie said "You're really going to hate me but it's part of the surprise." as she pulled a red blindfold out of her purse. Automatically Uma started to refuse being blindfolded, as a villain kid not being in control was certainly out of the question but Harry met her with a pleading look "I really don't want you to see this until the right moment." He said, Uma rolled her eyes again "Fine, put the stupid thing on me." she said as Evie put the blindfold over her eyes, plunging her into a temporary darkness.

Five more minutes passed before the truck stopped again and Evie said "We're here but don't take the blindfold off yet." and Uma sighed "How am I going to see to get out if I can't take it off?" She asked. Instead of Evie answering her it was Harry who replied, much too excitedly in Uma's opinion, "You're gonna have to trust us." and Uma chuckled "I'm going to fall on my face." she said jokingly, she knew Harry well enough to know that he would never let that happen, he would take a fall before her let her take one any day. She heard the door on her side of the truck and a gentle, feminine hand was there to help guide her out before being replaced with a larger, calloused hand that could only belong to Harry. As soon as Harry's hand was on her it on her shoulders "Alright, stand right here." He said as he held her in one spot "I'm going to take your blindfold off now." He told her before her eyes were assaulted by the brightly shining sun.

Any other given day Uma would have complained at the sudden change but it was what she was seeing that both confused her yet had her hopeful at the same time. It was the house she had fallen in love with when she went house hunting with Evie that day, her dream house. They were standing right in front of it. Uma wanted to scream and ask Harry if this meant what she thought it did but found that she was unable to say anything at all. It was as if someone had stolen her voice at that very moment. Obviously concerned by her lack of reaction Harry asked "What do you think of your new house?" sounding a little nervous. This confirmation as to what they were doing there gave Uma the ability to speak "My house?" she asked, still stunned...she couldn't believe what she was hearing "Is this not the house you wanted?" He asked in return. 

"It is, but I just...wow." She muttered. The truth was that she had given up all hope of ever affording this place and now she was standing in front of it and Harry was telling her that it was all hers. Grateful wasn't a strong enough explanation of what she was feeling "I can't believe this is happening, I had given up on getting it because I knew I wouldn't have enough and now.." she started before flinging herself at Harry "Thank you so much Harry, you have no idea how much this means to me." She told him as a few tears (joyful tears) escaped and he pulled her into a tight hug "I'd do anything for you." He informed her, pulling a set of keys out of his pocket "You want to go inside?" he asked, Uma not needing further instruction to pull him to the front door, Evie laughing behind them.