Apartment hunting

Uma's Pov
For the first time in a while, Uma was excited to do something that wasn't work-related. She had gotten Evie to agree to help her find a place to live when they graduated in the spring. Sure she could live on the campus of Auradon University and that would probably be the more practical thing to do while she worked towards her degree but Uma was ready to have something that was hers, a place where she could be herself and decorate it how she saw fit. While she got ready Uma got a message from Harry asking her what she had planned for the day, when she finished curling her hair she messaged him with what she was going to do. Soon enough she was ready to go, all there was left to do was wait on Evie.

About twenty minutes there was a knock on her door and Uma opened it to find an all too familiar blue-haired girl standing there with a smile on her face. In her usually chipper voice, Evie said "You ready to go?" as Uma grabbed her small black backpack off of her bed and wrote a note for Cj explaining where she was and letting her know that she would still be able to meet the Hook sisters for their planned dinner outing that evening. Letting her friend know she was ready Uma and Evie headed down to the limo that Evie had requested just for the occasion. The two chatted politely on the way to their first destination, an apartment complex about five minutes from the University.

Outside of the complex, they met the agent that Ben had gotten to help them out. She took them both inside of one of the available complex's and showed them around before leaving the two girls to chat amongst themselves. Flipping her hair over her shoulder Evie turned to her and said "It's pretty nice." earnestly. Honestly, Uma agreed, the fact that it was a penthouse apartment didn't hurt because that meant that there was plenty of room if she wanted roommates or for people to come stay over, but the odds were that visitors would be her crew and they weren't exactly the quiet type. Apartment life probably wouldn't be the best option for her.

Shrugging Uma said "I mean, if my crew wasn't so noisy it wouldn't be a problem," she said looking in Evie's direction as she crossed off yet another rental property on a piece of paper "But I can hardly get them to shut up for five seconds." she finished and Evie nodded in understanding, knowing from dealing with Jay and Carlos what it was like dealing people who talked way too much, way too loudly at times. Both girls sat and looked at the list of residences within five miles of the university that they had come up with for their next destination. Taking the pen from Evie's hand Uma crossed off any apartments on the list since it was determined that probably wouldn't work out well for her. Pointing with a turquoise nail Uma asked "What about this one?" and Evie looked at what she was talking about.

The residence in question was a three bedroom home a little over five miles from Auradon University.  "Absolutely! Let's go." She replied, tucking the piece of paper back into her red purse and pulling Uma in the direction of the limo again. In about five minutes they had pulled up in front of the house and got out of the limo. Surprising herself Uma felt a little excited at the idea of being there.  On more than one occasion Uma had found herself going back and looking at the pictures online. At one point in her life just looking at a house like that was nothing more than a dream, it felt like her dream had come true when she stumbled across it. Now she was here and it was even better than in the pictures. 

The outside was a lovely shade of teal (of course) with white trim. There were white and brick pillars on either side of the porch. Even better for her was that it was two stories which meant there was more than enough room. If it was just here in the house, which she hoped it wouldn't be if she got it, then she had no idea what she was going to do with the extra space. Uma was just so content looking at the exterior that when Evie placed a gentle hand on her shoulder she jumped, shocked having forgotten there was someone else there with her. Evie apologized with a chucked before asking "Do you want to go in?" as she held up the key to the door. Uma nodded "Yeah." she said and took the key from Evie's outstretched hand.

The heels of Uma's boots clicked on the wood as she walked up the porch and unlocked the front door. What she saw when she opened the front door was even better than what she had found online. When you walk into the house you entered the extremely spacious living room first. The walls were painted a light grey color and the floor was hardwood throughout. "Wow." Evie's breathy voice echoed through the empty room. As she looked around Uma whispered "I know." as she went from room to room checking out the house. In the short amount of time, she spent there Uma fell thoroughly in love with the house they were in. There was just one slight problem that Uma found, and that was the price. It was way out of her range. There was no way she would be able to afford it working part-time in a restaurant. As reality sunk in Uma's dream turned into a nightmare.

Uma sighed as she and Evie looked over the information on the house they were standing on "This house is my dream house," She said sadly "When I was a kid I used to imagine what it would be like to live someplace like this. You know how that is." she finished and Uma met her sullen gaze with a sympathetic one of her own "Don't give up, you might find something in your price range that you like better." she replied encouragingly. "I doubt that." was all Uma said as she walked out of the house, letting Evie lock the door behind them as she got into the limo. She felt a small bit of hope fade away as the house disappeared from her sight as the limo slowly drove away. For the next hour, the two teenage girls looked at a few more places, nothing really catching Uma's eye. After a while she decided she was tired of looking at houses and apartments so they went back to the school, Uma returned to her dorm while Evie went to her own. What Uma didn't know was that Evie had a plan of her own and she would need Harry's help to put it into action.

Author's note: Okay so this chapter is a little awkward, but this was kind of meant to be to kill some time in what's going on with Uma...it also leads up to events two chapters from now. Now that I've gotten that out of the way I want to apologize for being absent for such a long time, I've had a lot going on lately. Life has really gotten in the way and for that, I'm so sorry but I promise that I am still here. Hopefully, things will calm down enough for me to be active again soon...just please be patient with me okay. Thank you, everyone who has been supporting my story. 

Love you,

Taylor