Home is where you are

Uma's POV

Several weeks had passed and Uma was finally feeling comfortable in her new house. That may or may not have had to do with the incredibly handsome ex-pirate that spent most of his free time there with her. Seriously though, Harry spent so much time there that he may as well have lived there instead of helping Uma pay on the house and paying rent at the apartment he was never at anymore. It had been three weeks since Uma officially left Auradon Prep and the idea of asking him to move in had crossed her mind several times in the short period of time she had been on her own. The idea had come up so often that the evening's events were all centered around doing just that. The only problem with that? In Auradon it was traditional for a couple to be married, or at least engaged before they live together as such.

Well, Uma was here to say screw tradition.  There was nothing traditional about her at all and, while she was going to partially play by their rules and not try to overthrow the royals and run Auradon into the ground, she wasn't going to let them control how she lived her life. So when Uma got home from work she showered and started making a special dinner for Harry. About twenty minutes into cooking there was a knock on the front door and her phone started ringing. Wiping the potato juice off of her hands Uma answered the phone "You know you can just come in right?" She said, knowing that it was Harry on the other end and at the front door "That's rude." he said simply, and Uma rolled her eyes knowing that was just Auradon getting to him. She hung up on him after telling him to just get inside. Growing up on the Isle there was no such thing as knocking on the door and waiting to be let in. If the door was unlocked when you were inviting someone to come and steal what little you had, the concept was still pretty foreign to Uma.  

A few moments later the sound of boots on the hardwood floors and the door locking let her know that Harry was there "You really need to start locking your doors." he said from behind her and Uma turned around with a mischievous smile on her face "Trust me, this is the last place anyone would dare to break into." She said referring to the dagger she pretty much slept with. She knew Auradon was a relatively safe place but Uma, like the rest of the Isle Kids, had grown up having to protect herself at all costs and some habits were harder to break than others. Harry Threw his hands up "I know that" He started, looking for the right way to put it "But I still worry about you on the off night I don't stay with you."   he told her, pulling her close for the first time since he had walked through the doors. Uma melted instantly in his touch, having longed for it all day.

"I'm a big girl, I can take care of myself." She said leaning into him, smiling when she felt him chuckle "I know you can, doesn't stop me worrying though." He answered, which made Uma decide that this would be the perfect time  to ask him instead of waiting until later on "You wouldn't have to worry if you move in with me." she said though it was muffled by his chest "What was that?" he asked and Uma sighed, pulling herself away just enough that he would be able to understand what she had said "I said," she started, feigning impatience "You wouldn't have to worry if you moved in with me." she repeated slowly so that he wouldn't miss a beat. Harry took that moment to fully separate himself from her and Uma felt her heart sink with the loss of contact. Raising an eyebrow as he looked her up and down as if he was trying to make sure as to who she was, he asked "Are you sure?" she nodded "What happened to not wanting to make any big moves and taking our relationship slow?" He questioned and now she rolled her eyes. Of course, he would remember what she said last year when he was still in school with her and could barely admit that she loved him without internally freaking out.

"I changed my mind." She told him actually impatient now "It's a simple yes or no." She told him afterward as she turned away from him to go back into the kitchen and pull out two plates and two sets of silverware. Looking over her shoulder briefly she didn't miss the sly smile on his face when he said: "I'll have to think about it."   and Uma rolled her eyes yet again, not wanting to entertain him right now but obliging anyways "Why? You have a better offer?" She asked teasingly, trying to grab two teal glasses  from the cabinet above the sink and then giving up because she couldn't reach without standing on a c as Harry replied "I'd have to check in with my other girlfriend." deciding to tease back and then coming up behind Uma and getting the glasses she was too short to get on her own. Uma smiled when he handed them to her "Thanks."

she said simply, cursing her height mentally...being on the shorter side really could be a disadvantage at times. She decided to ignore his other girlfriend comment.

Uma checked the steaks and potatoes she currently had cooking before setting the table for the two of them, Harry helping her by putting out drinks for the pair of them before sitting in his usual seat across from her. As she placed a thick, juicy steak out in front of him she asked "Seriously, would you want to move in?"   as she sat down in her seat and started piling food on her own plate. Harry swallowed one of the roasted potatoes he had popped into his mouth before saying "Are you sure you're ready to take that step?" He asked, and Uma thought about it for a moment. Lately, it hadn't seemed like such a big deal for her. They had pretty much lived together since they were young, one going to the other when things at home got worse than usual, and Uma didn't think that it would be much different now...just that they would be sharing a room and were more than allies at this point in their lives.     

Not long after that, she knew her answer "I want you to move in with me. You pretty much live here and you're helping me pay it off anyway." she told him "I don't see any sense in you paying for an apartment you never stay in anymore and for this house. Doesn't hurt that I feel so lost when you aren't here. Move in with me." she said "Please." She added on as an afterthought. It seemed to be the only reassurance Harry needed after that because, with a smile, one that had grown with every word Harry said "Yes." before leaning across the table and kissing her briefly. For Uma that settled it, Harry would talk with the apartment management, his roommate and move in. The two finished their meal talking about their days as they ate, neither of them able to hide just how happy they were. Now it would feel like home.

Author's note:   Alright don't be mad, I know that I said that things were calm here finally and I would update more but I completely forgot that midterms were this week and got behind with everything that has been going on here so I've been trying to get my school work under control again. Now that I've finally got that out of the way I was able to get this out of the way. I wanted to add that the chapter after this will be the end of wickedly ever after part one and will pick up in part two after that so keep your eyes open. I also decided to keep this one short and pretty to the point since the next chapter is probably going to be longer than some others and be a precursor to some more drama, someone will be making a comeback in the first few chapters of part two...so keep a look out for that to happen.  Other than that I've pretty much said everything I need to, so I hope you enjoy.

Love you 

Taylor