Chapter 7

When she woke she noticed the noise of the room. The other girls were back. Adrianna decided to stay in her bed, she wouldn't move. That way she wouldn't draw their attention. She listened intently, trying to tell when they would leave.

"What do you think Remus meant?" Came the voice of Mary McDonnell.

"I'm not sure Mar, there isn't anyone else in 7th year." Replied Marlene McKinnon.

"But what if he likes someone from a different house and thinks she's a gryffindor. He'll like her no matter what. He doesn't like me, does he?" Mary said desperately.

"Mary, Remus likes you. It's obvious." Lily Evans interjected. Adrianna felt her heart sink.

"Lils, what if there is another girl in 7th year gryffindor?" Asked Alice Pevrell.

"What do you mean Alice? We would know her and be friends." Lily said.

"But that bed. The curtains are always pulled around it, what of someone actually sleeps in it?" She pointed out. Adrianna knew that this was it, they were going to find her. She closed her eyes and faked sleep. She heard the footsteps draw closer and closer. Then her curtains were pulled back. Several gasps sounded above her.

"Oh my Merlin" Marlene exclaimed.

"Shhh Marlene, you might wake her" lily said.

"How do we not know her?" Alice asked quietly.

"I'm not sure." Marlene replied quietly.

"Do you think that Remus noticed her?" Mary asked.

"Oh hunny no! If we didn't notice her then he defiantly didn't" lily replied.

"Besides you're prettier than her" Marlene said.

"Marlene, that's horrible!" Mary exclaimed.

"But it's true." Said Marlene. "Come on guys, you know it's true."

"It is true Mary." Alice said.

"Yeah, it is." Lily agreed.

Adrianna felt herself crack but she stayed still, wishing that they would leave. As if they could hear her thoughts they left her bed, leaving her curtains drawn open. She stayed as still as she could until she heard them all fall asleep. She then rose and pulled out a blade. Adrianna then caressed her skin with the blade, drawing blood as she did. Today she didn't black out, she left herself with no bad thoughts but a sever pain in her wrist. Slowly she crawled out of the bed and downstairs, her wrist still bleeding out.

Tap. Tap. Tap.

She reached the bottom of the stairs and sat on the same seat as she did yesterday. She looked out to the moon and sighed, tears beginning to fall down her cheeks.

"Are you ok?" Came a voice from behind her, not only a voice but the voice of Remus Lupin. When Adrianna whipped around and saw Remus behind her she realised that she forgot to check who was in the common room.

Adrianna let out a squeak. "Sorry. Didn't know you were down here." She said quickly before rising to her feet.

"Please stop running. I just want to talk." He said and sounded exhausted.

"Sorry." She said. Slowly she made her way to the settee and perched on it, carefully placing her bloody wrists out of sight.

Remus seemed surprised by her reaction but happily sat down besides her. "Please tell me your name" he said slowly.

"Adrianna Hayes." she replied quietly.

"Adrianna. That's pretty, it suits you. My name is Remus Lupin" he replied.

"Adrianna means dark. I already knew your name Remus." She replied, staring intently into the fire and avoiding his gaze.

"Adrianna, how have I not seen you before last night?" He asked, still desperately trying to catch her gaze.

"I was careless last night. I should have been listening but I wasn't." She replied vaguely.

"What do you mean Adrianna?"

"I don't let people see me. I'm usually careful. Last night I was not." She replied. Adrianna suddenly felt very heavy. She could feel herself nearly blacking out. "I need to go." She said before rising to her feet and unsteadily making her way to the stairs.

Adrianna felt herself fall to the floor, no longer able to use her limbs.

"Adrianna!" Remus exclaimed before dropping to his knees besides her.

"Remus." She said softly before her eyes closed.