Chapter 8

White.

Everything is white.

'Am I dead' Adrianna thought in her head, slightly more happy at the thought than most would be.

"Adrianna" said a quiet voice, one she recognised. One she had been listening to for over 6 years now. Adrianna felt her body stiffen as she shut her eyes again and pretended to be asleep, or dead. Maybe both.

"I know you're awake Adrianna." He said softly. Adrianna didn't move.

"Please look at me." He said almost begging. Slowly she opened her eyes and saw the figure of Remus Lupin perched at the end of her bed. After taking in every feature of him she slowly looked around the room. She knew where she was but she had never been here before, she was too careful for that.

"What am I doing here?" She asked quietly.

"I could ask you the same thing. You blacked out and i carried you here." He explained.

"I was just feeling faint. I haven't slept well lately. I have to go. I will miss lessons." She said quietly then rose to her feet unsteadily.

"I'll take you to the common room" he offered, but she declined quickly.

"You will attract too much attention. Thank you for being so nice." She said before quickly scuttling out of the room. Remus noticed how, even though she had bare feet, she barely made a noise. She must be practised at avoiding people. He decided that he needs to see her again. He quickly leaves the hospital wing and runs to the common room. He entered just as she ran down the stairs.

"I need to know you." He admitted before she could say anything.

Her mouth fell open. This was what she had been dreaming of for 6 years and it was finally happening, but she was going to say no. What had happened to her normal life in the past few days?

"No, they will notice me." She said, her voice and eyes pleading with him.

"I don't care if they notice, but I need to know you Adrianna. Please." He begged.

"I do care if they notice, Remus. Everything about me screams different and I can't be noticed." She exclaimed, still managing to stay quiet.

"I will do anything I can to not let anyone know about you." He said coming closer to her.

"No, you are a marauder. They will see me." She said.

"But I need to see you." Came the marauders reply. He leaned down and looked her in the eyes. His amber eyes staring into her emerald eyes.

"I- I can't" Adrianna barely was able to choke the words out, her breath too caught in her throat.

"How about if we only see each other at night?" He asked, looking deep into her eyes. She did everything in her power to deny him but before she knew what she was doing Adrianna breathlessly replied, "okay".