Chapter 3: The Angel

After she finished praying, she went back to sleep. She woke up again at 6am and started to get ready for work.
When she arrived, they didn't let her in. They fired her right then and there. She walked home crying.
On her way home she saw an angel appear in front of her. It said, "God is real. Believe in him. He will use you for good." She was so scared that she fell at the sight of the angel. It disappeared. She got up and ran to the nearest bookstore to see if she could get to buy a Bible. She found a big Holy Bible and a Bible study book. She wanted to buy everything she saw but she remembered that she had to save at least 50$ for food. She bought a book called, How to be a Christian and the Holy Bible. She put them in her little bag and then she proceeded to the supermarket.
She picked up hot pockets and ramen noodles and some fresh fruits. That was all that she lived off of. Fruits were the only thing keeping her from being fat.
She was a blonde slim lady. Just turned 30. She was unsuccessful with most things. She wasn't smart, wasn't wealthy, her family wasn't wealthy either. She barely scraped through life. She didn't want it anymore though, who would want a life like that?

She didn't, but that was how she lived sadly.
She got home and immediately picked up her note book and started reading how to be a Christian. She made notes of almost everything she wrote. While she was doing this, she heard a knock on her door
She said, "Come in."

It was Tim. He has his Bible clutched in his hand. He came down and sat in the couch right next to Jackie and said, "Now you believe?" She shook her head.
"You should come to my church then." Her face lit up. She always liked Tim. His short brown and his blue eyes, his chubbiness and how he dressed so old school. She said to him, "Sure I'd love to attend church with you but you would have to pick me up" He smiled and said with a wink, "no problem sweetheart."
He got up and went to the kitchen for a snack in the fridge. When he opened it, there was nothing but hot pockets. He was shocked. He turned back to Jackie and said, "Is this all you eat?" Jackie started to look sad and finally said, "Tim, it's all I can afford. I have some fruits in the bottom drawer." Tim opened the bottom drawer and saw one apple. He looked so confused. He said, " Is this what you live off of? No fruits? no veggies? Just hot pockets?" She looked sorry for herself and didn't answer. Tim shut the fridge door and came to Jackie and gave her a kiss on her cheek. Jackie looked surprised and wondered why he did it.