0.2

Julia stood outside the Divination classroom, putting off going in for as long as possible

Julia stood outside the Divination classroom, putting off going in for as long as possible. Divination was her least favourite lesson, but it was good for when she just wanted to relax and do nothing.

She walked in just after the bell rang, slinging her bag onto the floor by her usual seat, which was positioned in the back corner of the room. She shared a table with an anxious Hufflepuff boy and a Slytherin boy who refused to speak to either of them. She was fine with that.

"You're late again, Miss Thorne," Professor Starling said pointedly as she sunk into the cushy chair.

"Yup," Julia agreed.

Professor Starling breathed heavily out of his nose then turned his attention back to the rest of the class, Julia smirked. Annoying teachers was one of her favourite pastimes.

"Today we'll be focusing on horoscopes, turn to page 17 in your textbooks and, in pairs, use the planetary positions to read each other's current horoscope," Starling instructed. "A map of the current positions of the major planets and stars is in the middle of the room," he flicked his wand and a stream of swirling black smoke erupted from it. It danced through the air, slowly changing colours and forming figures. A moment later, the replica of the galaxy had been fully completed - hovering over their heads, an occasional wisp of smoke trailing around the room.

"Get on with it!" He clucked.

The Hufflepuff boy looked thoroughly distressed at his words, he clearly didn't want to partner up with either her or the Slytherin. She didn't particularly want to be with one of them either, but they were no worse than anyone else in the class.

The Slytherin boy finally made the move on who would be with who when he stood up and moved to the next table over, partnering up with someone else from his house.

"So, do you want to go first, or should I?" The Hufflepuff asked, he was nervously fiddling with the pages in the book and Julia could see his leg shaking under the table. She sighed quietly.

"I'm a Taurus," she said simply.

He quickly turned to the right page in the book and scanned it slightly before turning back to her.

"Uh, well right now, Venus is aligned with Aldebaran, the brightest star in the Taurus constellation, so that means, that, uh, the chances of you finding love soon are heightened. But, uh, it says you should be careful, because it will be a forbidden romance, your friends most likely won't approve of it," the boy stammered out.

Julia rolled her eyes, "Well, I don't have friends so that isn't an issue, and this is all bull anyway."

The hufflepuff didn't know how to respond it seemed, so he said, "Uh, I'm a Capricorn,"

Julia flipped slowly through the book, scanning through the text and studied the galaxy that hovered in front of her.

"It says here that you're going to run into some misfortune," she stated blankly, "but only if you consume any carbohydrates. Some of the possible outcomes are severe muscle injury, a sprained wrist or death."