1.1

Julia was sat in the common room, finishing off her potions essay that was due in the next day. She was also avoiding Lily, who was in their dorms, but she would never admit that. It was painful to be around the girl knowing that she only viewed Julia as a friend, it was also painful to not be around her so Julia had a bit of an issue on her hands with that one.

A low grumble emitting from a chair a few feet away from her made Julia's ears prick to identify what the sound was.

"Remus is so Goddamn cute," the voice muttered.

Julia raised an eyebrow, that wasn't what she expected. Turning her head to the source of the noise, Julia saw Sirius Black of all people. He was lounging back in an armchair, his parchment and quill lay forgotten before him, and his eyes were fixed firmly on one point. Julia had a feeling that, if she followed his gaze, she would find a certain prefect at the end of it.

"What did you just say?" Julia asked, grinning at the opportunity to tease Sirius.

Sirius' head snapped towards her, his grey eyes widening in panic when he realised that he'd been caught.

"Uh n-nothing, I said nothing," he stuttered, fumbling to pick up his quill and carry on writing.

"Really? Because I'm pretty sure I heard you say 'Remus is so Goddamn cute'," Julia repeated, picking up her stuff and moving to a closer chair so they could speak easier. "But maybe that was just my hearing."

"It was definitely just your hearing, why would I ever say Remus is cute? He's one of my best friends," Sirius laughed nervously, "Also, I'm straight, 100% non-homosexual here, I love girls and boobs and-and, not guys!"

Julia laughed at the boy's rambled speech, finding a lot of joy in this situation - possibly because it distracted her from her own issues.

"You have a crush on Remus," she stated, almost smugly.

"I-I do not!" He spluttered indignantly.

"Mmm, I'm pretty sure you do," Julia smirked knowingly.

"Would you just drop it Thorne- wait, why aren't you acting disgusted or grossed out?" Sirius asked, looking at her properly for the first time since she'd come over.

Julia glanced around the room, unsure of whether she should confess.

"Do you actually have a crush on Remus? Or were you just acknowledging his good looks?" Julia asked seriously.

"Tell me the truth," She cut in when Sirius started blabbing about how he was straight again.

Sirius sighed heavily, "Okay, I may have a tiny bit of a crush on him," he admitted, "But you can't tell anyone!"

Julia smiled, a real one this time. She couldn't describe how happy she was that someone else was in the same boat as her, even if it was a dodgy boat to be in.

"Why are you smiling like that? You better not tell anyone Thorne, you hear me?" Sirius said, leaning forward and looking like he was prepared to get very threatening.

"Oh shut up, I would never fuck you over like that Black." Julia rolled her eyes, "Come closer," She said, afraid of saying what she about to too loudly.

Sirius obliged, though he looked highly confused. When he was only a couple of feet away from her, Julia glanced around the room one more time before deeming it safe to speak, "I have a crush on Lily," she muttered, her heart beating unbelievably fast inside her chest, just speaking the words out loud was terrifying.

"Really!?" Sirius asked, looking shocked.

Julia nodded, "I won't tell anyone about you if you don't tell anyone about me," she offered.