Chapter 13

"They need me." I argue. Parker huffs.

"What about me? Have you ever thought of that?" he counters.

I scoff.

"Why I haven't told them that you're my kidnapper is beyond me. I don't have to keep it secret anymore, I can tell them."

Parker smirks viciously and leans in close, his arms folded over his chest. I stand my ground and copy his arm-fold.

"The reasoning for your common sense is because it's common sense. Listen to it." He warns before pulling away, the smirk still plastered to his face.

"You wouldn't hurt me." I retort, rolling my eyes.

"You're right." Parker throws his hands in the air as surrender. "But what about Haiden?"

I tense.

"Did you just threaten my brother?" I get in his face, poking his solid chest.

Parker shrugs innocently.

"I'm just saying, it'd be a shame if some absurd event were to happen to him while he was driving home from college." Parker replies precisely before turning to walk away. I catch his wrist and whip him around, the fire in my eyes growing largely.

"You will not touch my brother. You will not even think about doing anything to any of them. Clear?" I growl. Parker seems shocked by my ferocity, but these are the only people I have in my life.

"Since when do you tell me what to do?" he snorts. I thump him hard in the chest again.

"I'm serious, Parker. You may think that you've got it all figured out. But when you mess with the people that I actually care about, you're armies are useless." I conclude, folding my arms once again. Parker and I have a stare-down. Just before I'm about to give in, Parker sighs in defeat.

"You can stay a week. But you will be my side at all times, whether you like it or not." Parker rubs his temples in frustration. I beam and throw my arms around his neck.

"Yay!" I squeal. Parker groans but wraps his arms tightly around my waist in return.

"Ahem." Sam clears his throat from the doorway. I push Parker away hurriedly and smooth my jacket.

"Just came to tell you that Haiden finished the burgers." Sam informs sheepishly. Parker nods and runs a hand through his hair.

Yum.

"So uhm...bye." Sam scoots from the room quickly, leaving Parker and I to ourselves again. We stare at each other in silence for a long time before he finally clears his throat.

"I am kinda hungry," he admits, intertwining his fingers with mine. I nod in agreement and lead him down the stairs, our hands still locked together. The dining room is silent when we enter, and I can see why.

Archer sits at the head of the table, his hands folded neatly on the wood. His one eyebrow is raised in a point, as if daring us to come closer. His green eyes sparkle in amusement under the light above the table. Luna and Kayla squirm in their seats uncomfortably, obviously disliking the feeling he gives them. Sam, James, and Devin glare deadly at him, while Haiden stands protectively in front of the doorway, attempting to block Archer from my view.

"Hello, love." He greets, his chair scooting on the floor behind him. Both Haiden and Parker tense, each of them reaching for me protectively. I glare at him. I don't want him here, and I hope it's been made pretty obvious that the rest of the group doesn't approve of him, either.

Archer approaches me and Parker, a smirk glued to his face. He looks around at everyone, grinning like a fool.

"Were you going to have a party without me?" Archer asks in mock sadness. Parker snorts.

"Go home, Archer." Parker sighs exasperatedly. Archer smiles.

"I like that one," Archer points to Luna. She stiffens in terror while Sam reaches for her hand. "She's pretty."

I send a blow straight into Archer's chest. He hardly stumbles, but merely grins.

"That was rude." He points out. I roll my eyes.

"So was showing up to my house unannounced, so I guess we're even." I shoot back without missing a beat. Archer laughs and reaches for my hair, only to be swatted away by Haiden and Parker at the same time.

"You've given me no reason to let you be around her." Parker snarls.

"But how could I not?" Archer whines childishly. "She was right there."

I freeze at the reminder of Archer throwing me into a wall, wanting to use me for his own desires.

"What did you do to my sister?" Haiden throws Archer against the wall.

"James and Parker, take the girls outside. Right now. Devin and Sam stay in here." Haiden orders calmly. Devin sends a worried look my way before nodding towards the door. I watch in horror as Haiden pushes his forearm against Archer's throat, threatening to crush it with a little more force. Parker pulls me into his arms and carries me outside, James pulling Luna and Kayla closely behind him. 

When James shuts the door, Parker puts me back on the ground, but buries me into his chest. Kayla is pulled into James while Luna stands in shock.

"Archer's drunk." Parker explains. "I swear, he would never do this."

Luna's tears fall from her face, and I reach for her. She grabs ahold of my arm and I pull her into the hug with Parker. He wraps his arms around both of us protectively. James is whispering soothing words into Kayla's ear. She only nods in response.

And to think that we only came down for a burger.