Real

An awkward silence fell upon the table as Nate and Carla where sitting next to each other, Hayden and Aimée facing them.

Hayden was feeding her child with a baby bottle filled with milk and the little girl was gulping it down at an inhuman speed.

Carla, who was eating her meal served in her dish, extends her hand towards the girl and grabs the little baby's one in hers.

This doesn't seem to please Hayden, as she looks at Nate to help her and say something to his girlfriend about inappropriate gesture, but he just looks down at his food.

Hayden shakes her head and takes her little daughter on her knees, too far for Carla to reach her.

Carla seems unpleased by the mother's sudden gesture, but remains calm and starts to eat her food again.

The rest of the dinner is awkward, with Nate looking down and Hayden trying to move Carla's hands from her daughter.

After Dinner:

Hayden went to put her daughter in her baby crib while Nate and Carla were drinking wine on the living room couch.

Once the baby sounded asleep, Hayden closes the door as quietly as possible, and then reaches the living room, to see Carla putting her hand high on Nate's thigh.

Nate was smiling, but he seemed... uneasy.
Before Carla could reach a very inappropriate area of Nate's anatomy , Hayden clears her throat, acknowledging the two of her presence.

Nate automatically turned to her, but Carla only smirks at her, putting her wine glass on the table.
Before anyone could speak, cries are heard from Aimée's room.

Hayden sighs, and was about to go check on her daughter, when Carla gets up from the couch.

"No, let me do it!" She says, all smiling. Little did Hayden know this smile was just a mask.

Hayden frowns :
"It's okay, she's my daughter, I'll go get her"
Hayden starts to walk, but a hand on her shoulder makes her stop.

"No, Nate and you have a lot to say I suppose. Let me take care of her" Hayden thinks about it for a moment, but nods anyway. It would be a good time to talk to Nate about Carla.

Carla starts to walk towards the baby's room as Hayden takes place in the couch beside Nate.

They stare at each other for a while until Hayden breaks the silence.
"Why are you with her?" She asks, staring at Nate to watch his every move.

Nate shrugs:
"She's nice" he puts his glass of wine to his mouth and takes a sip out of it.

"That's not an answer" Hayden replies, looking him dead in the eye.
Nate shrugs once again.

Hayden was about to say more, but Aimée's cries cut her off.
She sighs and apologizes to Nate, thinking her daughter needs to be breastfed.

She walks to her daughter's room but stops in front of the door, witnessing what is going on inside from the ajar.

Carla is holding her crying daughter in her arms, while telling her things. Bad things. Hayden couldn't believe her own ears, while she was listening closely
to the woman.

"It's okay" says Carla to the crying little girl who obviously wanted her real mom to comfort her.

"It's okay she won't hurt you anymore. You know, your father and I are really in love. He's probably going to propose to me anytime soon now, yeah I'm sure he will. It's funny because... i've always wanted someone to love me the way your dad loved your mo... I mean the surrogate mother. I've been watching him you know? Yeah... great things about him on the medias... he was so caring and loved her with all his heart. Yes, loved her, now he loves me. And now, we can be a family. We'll be a family, because I AM YOUR MOTHER"