Real

As soon as Carla left the house and said goodbye to Nate, giving him a passionate kiss on the lips in front of Hayden, the tension was even more intense.

Nate went to say goodbye to his daughter. He was standing in her bedroom, next to her crib, watching his daughter playing with her feet and laughing at her dad.

Hayden came behind him, watching their daughter closely:
"Hey, can I talk to you for a second ?" She asks him, deciding that telling Nate about Carla was the only right thing to do.

Nate nods and follows her to the corridor, closing his daughter's bedroom door behind him.

"Is everything okay ?" Nate asks, looking concerned for Hayden who was staring at her daughter's room door and thinking.

"Um, yeah... It's just... do you trust Carla?" She asks him, turning her attention to his face which has furrowed eyebrows.

"Of course I do, she's my girlfriend, where's your point? " Nate asks back, crossing his arms over his chest trying to look tough.

Hayden gestures to the door and starts to stutter :
"It's just... she's been weird lately ..: she called our daughter hers and pretended to be her mom! She told her they'll make a family with you, her and Aimée. She did not say anything about me! ... wait girlfriend? I thought you guys were only going on dates"
At the end of her sentence, Hayden looked completely paranoid and concerned about Nate and Carla's relationship.

Nate frowns, but gets to the closest conclusion he comes to:
"You are afraid of her"
"Yes, and answer my question please" Hayden sighs. She thought Nate wasn't going to believe her.

"I understand ... you're afraid she might steal your part in Aimée's life... and maybe we are together now..." he says, chuckling, clearly not understanding Hayden's point here.

It's her turn to frown :
"What? No! I'm just ... that's not what I meant... and you didn't tell me that"

"That's none of your business anymore! So ...Then what did you mean Hayden?" Nate asks right back, biting his bottom lip and furrowing his eyebrows.

Hayden sighs ,heavily this time :
"I mean, haven't you noticed how weird she has been around Aimée?!"

Nate chuckles:
"You're paranoid "
He starts walking towards the front door.
Hayden walks closely behind him.

"No you dont understand! She called her hers ?!! Like she's her mother"
Nate, tired of hearing such absurdities coming out of Hayden's mouth, retorts right back, turning to face her.

"WELL SHE'LL SOON BE!"
Hayden freezes:
"What are you talking about?''

Nate looks down, understanding the mistake he has made.

"What are ... you .... talking .... about ?! Tell me !!" She asks more persistent with tears in her eyes.
Nate looks up at her and says:
"Carla and I are getting married soon. So she'll soon be Aimée's mom in a way"
Hayden swallows hard. Married. Married? MARRIED!

"You can't do that!" She yells at him, not caring their daughter is sleeping in the very next room.

Nate yells back at her face:
"And why can't I ?! We're old enough and I need it otherwise I'll might end up alone! "

Hayden holds back her tears, as she cups Nate's face with her hands resting on his cheeks. She makes him look into her eyes.

"No! No you won't ! You have Aimée, and you have me ! I love you-"
"No you dont !" Nate snaps at her, pushing her away.

"You never did and never will. The only person you're capable of loving is yourself. You take your daughter as your responsibility not even a human being that you've carried for nine months and gave birth to!" At this point, Hayden was crying and Aimée 's cries could be heard from miles away.

"And I am tired of waiting for you. I am tired of waiting for someone that fools around with football players!"
Hayden swallows back when he mentions Scotty.

He's never done it before. All the time when Scotty was mean to her or accusing her of cheating, Nate ALWAYS stood by her sides.
But not this time. Now, all Nate has toward her is hatred.

"Get out " Hayden says, almost whispers to him.
Nate stares at her, knowing he's made a mistake.
Hayden looses patience:
"GET THE HELL OUT OF MY HOUSE!"

"FINE ! "
Nate says, then opens the door and slams it shut behind him, while Hayden falls on the floor screaming and crying, she can hear her daughter doing the same from her room.

Nate's apartment, a little while later

Carla has put on a shirt that belongs to Nate, wanting to surprise him when he gets home.
She knew things didn't go well between him and Hayden, she made sure of that before she left.

She was currently laying on Nate's bed, when a key in the door's keyhole is turned and Nate comes in his apartment.

"Hey babe " Carla greets him, and comes to hug him. Surprisingly, he didn't hug back.

"Hey what's wrong ?" Carla asks him, trying to kiss him but he just turns his face from her.

"Nothing, it's just something with Hayden"
She frowns hearing this name:
"Really... I thought it was over"

Nate walks toward the bed and sits on it, taking his shoes off.

"Trust me it is" He answers, not looking up at her while he kicks his shoes off.

She smiles widely.
"Amazing! So I was thinking... maybe we could talk about the wedding then..."

Nate cuts her off before she could finish.
"Yeah sorry, can we do that tomorrow, I'm super exhausted"

Carla's face turns angry, but she quickly puts her smiling mask on it.

"Sure babe, no problem" she starts looking for her pants. She puts them back on and walks to the door, grabbing something in the kitchen that Nate couldn't see.

"Where are you going?" Nate asks her, before she could reach the door.
She turns to face him, hiding the thing she took from the kitchen behind her back:

"Just ... on a walk ... and buy your favorite blueberries and whipped cream to go with your waffles" she smiles, portraying the perfect girlfriend.

Nate smiles at her and lays down on the bed.
"You're the best"
He says, then closes his eyes.

"You have no idea " she whispers, and walks out the door with the very big and sharp knife she took from the kitchen.

Nate didn't want to propose yet because of Hayden.
Carla can't have a daughter because of Hayden.
But it's her daughter !!! Hers.
Everything that is Nate's is hers too from now on.
Hayden caused all her problems.
And tonight, Carla was going to end her problems.

Okay so cliche... i turned Carla from a random girl to a psycho 😂 so I've been thinking a lot and obviously there'll be a book 4! Omg this is never going to end 🙄