Chapter One -Royal Blood-

You do not have to read 'His Royal Guard' in order to understand this book, although it does help!

Please enjoy!

I'm formally known as King Levi's fiancée

Most would find this title troubling, but in all honesty, my role is truly wonderful. No longer was I known as the 'foreigner from Chi.' People respected me (mostly) and I was protected from dawn until dusk. Strict orders from Levi himself. As for negatives, guards really did protect me all day. Wherever I went, two guards would follow behind. Levi never found this to be a problem, although I suppose he's had guards follow him around all his life. Having two complete strangers listen in on conversations and stand outside your resting quarters is a little uncomfortable.

I definitely haven't adjusted to such a brash change just yet.

Life inside the palace, however, was a completely different matter. Nobles bowed to me as I passed, people even approached me and congratulated my ultimate position. Going from scum of the earth to respected role model was incredibly odd. Levi regularly visited me throughout the day, desperate to see how I was feeling. Each time, I reassured him of my 'perfect health.'

Our baby.

Just mentioning the topic or saying the word unnerved me. Living for three years on the streets numbed me from such happy thoughts. If anything, the freezing nights and violent crimes pretty much guaranteed a miserable end of my life. To think I'd be marrying a King in little under three months is something completely unfathomable.

"You don't need to practice paperwork until we're married, (Y/N)."

Levi appeared around the corner and closed the door to his chambers. Going from Prince to King was also immensely worrying. Levi had important roles as Prince, but those were nothing compared to what he has to handle nowadays.

"Never hurts to practice..."

Levi gracefully rolled his eyes and approached his oakwood desk. I glanced upwards and smiled warmly, handing Levi his feather quill in admission to stop practising. The newly crowned King took ahold of my chin and turned my face to the left, and then right.

"Hn."

Is all he said to justify his actions. I furrowed my brows out of confusion, but decided against questioning his behaviour. He's tired. I'll let him get some rest for now. I watched with slight concern as Levi walked over to the bed we shared and collapsed onto the freshly made sheets.