Chapter Four -Hidden Movements- (Implied lemon)

Enjoy~

Do not read if you dislike sexual content.

Levi remained unavailable for the rest of the afternoon

Levi remained unavailable for the rest of the afternoon. I longed to inform him of the worrying poster incident, but my presence seemed to only agitate his important duties as King. He can no longer afford to act so frivolously- he must step up and take control of his Kingdom. I will not stand by his side. Not until I've fully grasped the role and responsibilities of Queen.

For the rest of the afternoon, I spent nearly three hours with Reiner. His grave was modest, and reassured me in times of unbearable despair. Grey stone just seemed so unfitting for a guy like him. Several guards reluctantly kept me company, merely standing either side of Reiner's peaceful resting grounds. I hope the guards see me as useful to Levi. Wait... just how long have I been sitting here? To my surprise, the sky was dark, and several stars littered the marauding clouds above. Is it going to rain? How unpleasant. "It's cold, brat."

As if on queue, the skilled guards saluted with unbelievable burning passion. Even hearing Levi's monotone voice sent their minds into overdrive. Respect. They do not show me such an overwhelming emotion. For them to salute me so devotedly will take time. "Levi... how are you?" The raven haired King collapsed beside me with a loud sigh, rudely dismissing his devoted guards with a single wave of his hand. "I've had better days." He replied, scanning my abdomen for a brief moment. I bashfully took ahold of his hand, lightly entwining our fingers together against the lower half of my stomach. Naturally, nothing is there, nor will the two of us feel any movement just yet. "You will not sense anything." I muttered a little halfheartedly.

"I will," Levi concluded. "Eventually." Silence surrounded us, and due to the nature of our previous conversation, I lost all thoughts for a couple of minutes. "Do you regret leaving your village, (Y/N)?" Levi held a completely emotionless expression, but the flicker of concern sparked loudly within his voice. I smiled brightly, tightening my hold on his elegantly gloved hand. "Of course not. I would not have met you otherwise." My answer seemed to lessen his frown, only he still looked slightly uncomfortable. Levi is conflicted... how strange. I miss my village, but I do not regret leaving. "Why ask such a question?"

Levi dismissively crossed his legs and glanced up towards the beautiful starry skies. His face was rather attractive from the side. "Who knows," he mused. "I heard women from your village do not get pregnant before marriage, nor do they marry outside of their country. I fear I've taken something from you, (Y/N)." Levi has finally discovered the traditions of my village... I purposely hid these truths from him. He even said something similar when we first discovered news of our child. I wonder why this information troubles him now of all times?

"Then surely I have done the same to you? People from this Kingdom do not like outsiders, and marrying one is forbidden." Levi cast his ashen eyes away from the darkening sky, focusing all of his attention on my clearly hurt expression. "You should not try to justify my deeds, brat. I'll manipulate you." Levi grazed his thumb under my chin, leaning tauntingly close to my awaiting lips. "Hmph. I don't believe you." I hesitantly whispered, bashfully engaging into a gentle kiss. Levi feels a little warm... is he sick again? Levi noticeably stiffened in response to my forward actions, returning my love just a little too forcefully. Our hands remained carefully together, although Levi's other available palm began to travel towards vulnerable places.