Chapter Three -Truth-

'I-I love you, (Y/N)

'I-I love you, (Y/N).'

Did I hear that correctly? Is Armin confessing to me right now? He looks kind of cut--

I stiffened for a brief moment, completely stunned into silence upon hearing Armin's sudden declaration of love. It was bad enough when Levi confessed to me, let alone poor Armin. Wait, maybe he loves me like a sister? I hope that's what he means. The blond servant quickly cleared his throat, nervously glancing downwards in order to hide his blushing features. I smiled softly, gently lowering myself into a small curled chair. "I see." Is all I could bring myself to say. I bashfully parted my lips, preparing to kindly reject Armin, only he hastily interrupted me.

"I-I know you're engaged to Levi, and you love him very much... I just wanted to tell you is all." Armin abruptly finished with a conflicted sigh. I instantly decided to let him down gently, he was considerably younger than me, not to mention a servant. "I appreciate the thought, but I honestly do not think of myself as desirable. That being said, I adore Levi with all of my heart. I could not image a life without him."

Armin smiled gently, slowly standing from his chair with a faint frown. "I-I understand. I'm s-sorry to burden you with my feelings, (Y/N). I r-really cannot help the way I feel, although I hope the two of us can remain c-close friends." Armin took his rejection like a total champ, lowering his head into a respectful bow. I gently took ahold his shoulder and proceeded to awkwardly tease him in attempts of lightening the situation. "Do not let Levi hear you say such things, he's a little overprotective these days."

I instinctively lowered my hand to my stomach, gently patting the love inside. Armin's angelic eyes lowered to my fingertips, his blue hues suddenly widening in realisation. "You're preg--!" a loud, incredibly frightening voice brashly interrupted the two of us. "Pregnant." Levi finished, lowering his arm around my waist with a fierce scowl. "Confessing to my wife in my own room is awfully gutsy, servant." Levi berated, parting my lips with a devious smirk across his face.

I bashfully shook his hand away, turning towards Armin with a warm blush tainting my once pale cheeks. "Do not be so harsh, Levi. Armin is a friend of mine." My raven haired King appeared hesitant, not to mention frustrated. Armin immediately sensed the increasing tension and politely excused himself from the balcony.

As the golden doors shut behind the fleeing servant, Levi returned his intimidating eyes back onto the middle part of my crimson dress. I smiled gently and proceeded to explain the situation. "Armin is just a young boy, I'm much too old for him." Levi inquisitively tilted his head, lightly taking ahold of my hand with a deep glare. I blushed profusely, lowering my head in attempts of hiding my embarrassment. Levi rolled his eyes, quickly questioning my words. "So if you two were the same age, you'd leave me?" Levi mocked flatly, faking hurt by covering his heart underneath his expensive purple jacket.