Chapter Two -Unexpected Visit-

Enjoy~

The evening remained uneventful

Levi had me on lock down for pretty much the entire day. I greatly appreciated his concern, but sleeping throughout the afternoons meant I was completely restless at night. My constant tossing and turning apparently prevented Levi from 'closing his eyes in peace.' Needlessly to say, he tired me out in other ways. Our nights quickly became all the more passionate, and all the more painful around my thighs.

Our engagement was yet to be revealed, and surprisingly, Levi was incredibly reluctant to do so. As much as he adored his Kingdom, news of our child was also hidden. I quickly assumed he was nervous of public outrage. After curbing a crime uproar only a few months ago, I understood news of our beloved baby was best kept a secret.

"(Y/N), come eat."

Levi instructed, passing me an expensive silver spoon. I gladly accepted his silverware gift and proceeded to mix the object into my mash potato. Levi frowned upon seeing my reluctance to eat properly and insisted my well-being was his top priority. I smiled wearily and raised a small amount to my lips. Levi crossed his arms in complete silence as he watched me slowly eat the remains of my late night meal. At that moment, I happened to notice Levi had small black bags under his eyes and looked slightly paler than usual.

"Are you feeling okay, Levi? You look a little sick..."

I hesitantly questioned, lowering my spoon with a deep sigh. Levi swiftly stood up from his chair and flatly denied he was in any discomfort or ill health. I narrowed my eyes and followed behind him, careful to avoid stepping on our scattered clothes from the night before. The maids happened to be banned from Levi's quarters at this time, usually because of his desire to eat or sleep mixed with the cleaning schedule.

I watched as Levi collapsed behind his oak wood desk and solemnly continued working on paperwork into the depths of the night. His actions worried me, mostly because Levi was currently carrying the weight of King on his shoulders without any help from his Queen. I knew he longed for assistance on such topics, but when he met me, I proved myself to be completely useless at paperwork.

I desperately urged Levi to rest early with all my might, but he made an excuse to keep working no matter what I suggested. Levi was fairly calm in the 'pleasure' department, mostly due to our late night sessions, so not even tempts of desire managed to distract him. I sighed gently and hesitantly rolled over into the linen sheets. Levi glanced upwards for a brief moment, and then looked down again. Nothing seemed to work.

I worriedly checked on his pale condition once again, and was unhappy to discover that Levi sat with his chin against his palm. He avoids touching himself and dirty objects at any costs, so seeing him work so... normally was just that little bit more endearing. I huffed into my pillow with slight annoyance. I want to be useful to Levi... I don't want him to work into bad health.