Chapter Nine -Troubling Dreams (+ Baby Gender Vote)-

Some comments have been getting to me about this book...please note I try my absolute best. On the other hand, I'm so happy people liked my chosen names! Please vote for the gender of the baby here:

•Male (Léo)
•Female (Ruby)

•Twins (Unlikely)

Thank you to Iadyshadow for plot inspiration!

"Is she docile yet?"

"Yes, she won't be attacking anyone for at least an hour." Thick, toxic flames were distorted amongst a painfully familiar face. Prince Eren Yeager stood callously amongst a scorching scene. My once beloved personal quarters flickered with light. Several memories began to merge, one resembling fleeing the palace; the other tied to an odd-looking wooden chair. "It's good to see you again, (Y/N)." A sharp intake for breath hinted my immediate disgust even being in the presence of such a cruel, demanding man. Eren held no regard for others- even his own guards.

"Don't waste your energy. It's pointless, little Chi warrior." Eren, although pridefully smug over the whole ordeal, did look a little guilty over the methods required in order to successfully capture me. "W-What do you want?" His soft, ocean eyes lit up like crisp waves of salt water. "I'm glad you can talk. Sacha went a little overboard with the sleeping dart." Dart? What about the palace fire? As my shattered brain began to assemble, memories fought to join together like splotches of ink on an open page. What happened to Levi? He was asleep at the time! Not to mention Sacha...was she blackmailed into this?

"L-Levi!"

"Relax. I spared him for your sake. If he were to die, I'm sure you'd kill anyone in your path regardless of emotional attachment." As much as I tried to deny his statement, it was nothing short of the truth. I would have nothing without him. I would be nothing without him. That battle for love since passing the status of 'Royal Guard' would all have been for nothing. Levi remained the light of my life, as did his unborn child. "L-Let me see him..." the room fell silent. Painfully silent. Eren averted his gaze to the corner of a newly designed room. "Are you sure that's what you want?"

His eyes fell under the wrath of a wicked storm. His irises resembled a wooden ship clinging to life amongst the open sea. "Over there," Eren pointed towards a man who sat with his head hung like a dog. A mirage of purple bruises littered his face, as did small, red burns. Presumably all from the fire. "He insisted you were rescued first. Quite the gentleman." Eren suddenly cocked his neck upwards, revealing what looked like a stab wound to the right side of his shoulder. "He put up quite the fight. He even broke my nose again. You remember the first time he did that, right?"

Eren's sinful voice did not manipulate my mind in the slightest. His torment no longer affected me. In fact, his attempts to provoke me fell upon deaf ears. The sensation could only be described as white noise. Nothing mattered but the wellbeing of Levi. It was evidently clear he was in desperate need of medical assistance. My hand, although painfully weak, longingly reached out towards him. His silver orbs glimmered with relief upon witnessing such a pathetic looking task.