Chapter 14

The date of the first Hogsmeade trip was getting closer, yet Harry still hasn't said anything. Both Alex and Ron wanted to ask him a couple of times, but Hermione and I stopped them.

"Harry, we left you to decide on an answer about the Defence Against the Dark Arts club for almost two weeks now," I started, "Have you even thought about it?"

The six of us - Harry, Alex, Hermione, Dylan, Ron, and I - sat in our usual spot in front of the fireplace in the common room. Dylan, Alex, and I sat on the long couch across from the fire place and Hermione and Ron sat in the single lounge chairs on either side of our couch. Harry sat on the ground, his back to the fire place.

" 'Course I have," he said grumpily.

"And... ?" Alex hinted, leaning in.

He shrugged. "I dunno."

Groaned loudly, I flopped further into the couch.

"What?" he snapped at my annoyed action.

I sat back up and narrowed my eyes, glaring at him. "We gave you two whole weeks, two! So, Harry, for once in your life stop acting so depressed and bipolar. Yes, you had a bad childhood boo-ho. Mine was a scam! But guess what? You have me now, and you have all these people here. On top of that, the rest of the Weasleys, Sirius, and the whole Order! Just give your whining a break, because I can not take this anymore! Stop making everything about how you don't want anyone to get hurt, because no one would blame you. Please make up your mind, otherwise we'll find another teacher."

Everyone gave me a shocked look. Even though everyone had been thinking it, no one exactly voiced their thoughts. However, as his sister, I believe that it was good he heard it.

"Fine," he sighed reluctantly. "I'll do it."

"Finally!" all of us chorused loudly.

The next day we had all woken up earlier then usual. I threw on a couple layers to keep myself warm in the bitter winds.

"Well, don't you look cute," Fred joked, pulling my grey knitted hat over my eyes.

"I'm always cute," I huffed with a grin.

"Yes, I know," he winked as we sat down next to each other in the Great Hall.

"You two can stop flirting now," Ron noted, giving us a disgusted look. "That's something you save for the date so you have something to talk about."

"Ron's just jealous," Alex remarked, as Fred and I were rolling our eyes. "He doesn't have anyone to cuddle with. Hell, he may never."

The table snickered, as Ron's ears went pink.

"You never know, Ron," I butted in. "The perfect girl may just be right in front of you."

Hermione - who was seated across from Ron - looked up from her book and grimaced. "As if," she muttered.

Ron's ears pinkened further as he continued stabbing his fork at his breakfast.

"Hey, Izzie?" Jason's voice broke through the table's light laughter.

I turned around to find him standing sheepishly behind me.

"Hey, Jay," I smiled. "Guys, this is my- uh... brother, Jason Cooper."

Realizing that I had never mentioned anything about a brother, everyone looked over at me suspiciously.