Chapter 43

"Ok. No interruption for 15 minutes," Minghao announced after locking the door.

"E-eh what? W-won't they think we're? Are we...?" I panicked.

He chuckled and squeezed me in a hug. He shushed me.

"No, silly. I just want to mess with the members. We're not ready for that kind of thing." he whispered.

I heaved a sigh of relief. As I did, I yawned. I quickly covered my mouth.

"Tired?"

"N-no! L-let's continue," I stuttered, making my way to the books.

"Sure?..." he gave me a cautious look.

I smiled and nodded. I was sure it was just a casual yawn. I could not get tired that easily, right? I mean, all I did was teach and play games. I got 6 hours of sleep but it was usually enough. I opened the book to the bookmarked page. We continued where we left off.

"You can try to read this first," I pointed to a passage.

As he was reading, I stared into space. My mind went blank and soon, my eyelids felt heavy. It started closing and I nodded off before slapping myself awake. How tired was I really?

"Hee-young?"

My eyelids flew open. Since when did I close them? Ah, that was weird. Huh? I was laying down on the floor, stomach down yet my legs still crossed like before. 

"Ah... I fell asleep, didn't I?" I said, a little flustered.

"Yeah. So... sleep? You can take my bed there on the lower bunk," he suggested.

I finally took him on his offer as I could barely keep my eyes wide open. I trudged to the bed and sat on the lower bunk.

"Thank you. Please study hard while I take a nap. I'm giving you a test when I wake up," I told him before rolling over and bringing the blanket up to my waist.

"Yah! Hee-young... This is pressuring," I heard him say.

I simply raised my hand up and showed a thumbs up before proceeding into a hopefully-light slumber. In the midst of my nap, my eyes flew open and I turned over.

I got the shock of my life. Minghao sat right by the bed reading a textbook. I expected him to be a few metres away but he was right by my side. Minghao noticed my startled self and pat my head.

"You don't have to be awake so soon. Go back to sleep. Give me more time to study. Go back to sleep," he softly spoke.

I was only half-awake so all I heard was 'go back to sleep'. He traced his finger on my arm and I was lulled back to sleep.

I awoke again who knows how long later except I was more refreshed than before. I awoke to Minghao talking to a member. I sat up slowly and rubbed my eyes.

"Oh, she's awake. Hi, Hee-young! Just in time. The food's here!" the member greeted me.

I waved back and smiled.

"She's adorable!" he squealed.

"Yeah, yeah. I know. Too bad you can't have her. Let's go eat," Minghao uttered, pushing the member out towards the living room.

I got up and stretched. Before leaving the room, Minghao stopped me. I stood in place as he combed his fingers through my messy hair. I gazed up at him as he focused on the strands of hair that stood out. I thanked him once he was done.

"Anything for you," he said to me with that sweet smile of his.

He then slung an arm over my shoulder and we headed out to the living room. However, the moment he was seen by the members, he quickly retracted his arm. I understood why. I felt the same too. It was flustering to show affection openly in front of those I knew.