Chapter 49

We eventually informed the fans of our engagement and they took it well. They were supportive of it even from when we told them about our relationship a few years ago. When I was stopped on the street, it was not to get a backlash but to have a picture taken with fans.

"Hee-young-noona, you are really pretty in person. The8 is lucky," a fan said to me after getting a picture taken with me.

I bowed and thanked her humbly.

I managed to control my social anxiety and no longer shook like mad in social situations. At the most, I would turn silent but still try to say something. If the me from before were in this situation, she would wear a disguise the next time she went out and get speechless from the number of people swarming her. Now, I was able to manage myself.

Then a week and a half before I was to get married to Minghao, the first opposer to our marriage appeared from the shadows. What was worst was that I knew that person.

I was on my way to the company building when someone's hand brushed against my hair as he walked past me. He then blocked my way. He looked down to my hand then held it in his hand. He inspected it and counted my fingers to confirm the ring was on my ring finger.

"So you really are getting married...  I thought I had left you in the dump but you've risen from it. On top of that, Miss Hee-young is gaining positive popularity. I hate people like you. I bet you lured him back with your illness: 'Pity me and love me because I have social anxiety,'" he spat at me.

I was oh so tempted to beat the crap out of him but I had to be strong and handle this with a cool head. Though, I was getting pretty riled up.

"I wonder where you've gotten so far. Let me guess, you've divorced that woman you praised so much. Oh, but hey! You've achieved... Wait, nevermind. You've achieved nothing." I lowered my voice and got nearer to him as I spoke the last line.

He rolled his eyes.

"I'm going to achieve putting you back in your place sooner than you think," he told me confidently.

"Psh, you're trying to bring me down to cover your shame since you were the one who threw me away-"

I was interrupted when he held my hand and kissed me. I froze up. W-why? Ok. This confused me.

"Good luck," he grinned at me before walking away.

What did he mean? Oh no. Did anyone see that? I looked around but did not see anyone with a camera. I had to tell Minghao before anyone else did. I sped off to the building and got there in 6 minutes. When I got there, I ran up the stairs to the practice room.

I knocked the pattern quickly on the door. The door opened to Minghao who had his phone in his hand and he did not look very happy.

"Minghao- there's something I need to tell you urgently. It's about-"

"Your scandal with your ex-schoolmate, also the all-time asshole, Minhyuk?" he raised an eyebrow.

How did he get to know it so quickly? He glanced behind him. I saw the worried look on the member's faces. Then, he took my hand and brought me down the corridor at a dead end. He cornered me into the wall. One of his hands slammed the wall beside my head. I could sense the rage in him. He held his phone up to my face. It was a clear view of Minhyuk kissing me and holding my hand. People really worked fast.

"I'll give you 1 chance to explain," he said to me.

"Minhyuk came up to me on the street and started dissing me. Then, as I was talking back, he grabbed my hand and kissed me out of the blue. Right after, he said 'good luck' and walked away. That's what happened. He took me by surprise. It's probably one of his schemes out of envy," I explained as simply and clearly as possible.