Yams and Ham

SPECIAL MENTION TO xoxoQui WHO REALLY PUT UP WITH MY INSECURITIES AND ANSWERED MY QUESTIONS - THANK YOU XD

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beth

I didn’t sleep at all that night. I was too angry and hurt to shift back and I didn’t feel like walking back through the door like this, it felt like an admittance that I did something wrong if I went back angry, I have nothing to hide or be ashamed of except the men in my life right now.

Listening to my entire inner monologue with curiosity bordering on hilarity my wolf stepped in, planting her feet in the soil to stop my incessant pacing. ‘We will stay under the stars tonight then, our first night as Wolf, together’.

I sighed and gave my consent, it’s not like we’re going to get cold or anything but I skipped out on dinner and I am starving. This fact only seemed to make her happier like a parent who has finally convinced their modern child to go camping. ‘If you are hungry we will hunt of course, you take the reins this time, it’s about time you got your own instincts instead of relying on mine, if you build on your own you can take them with you in your human mind and you will be safer for it’.

I mentally scowled, I thought this was going to be girls united against stupid smelly boys night, now it’s some training exercise. My Wolf laughed at me again, shaking our head at us. ‘Silly, I’m on your side because I have to be, they were wrong to insinuate that you were talking to other men but don’t you think jealous is kind of, hot on Jim’?

No I don’t.

‘Liar liar pants on fire’!

Aren’t you mad at him? He was accusing us of being with other men while we’re with him, what he’s saying is you’re a cheating hussy of a mate, doesn’t that bother you?

‘... When you put it like that I suppose he was in the wrong, although it pains me to admit it... perhaps I am on your side after all’.

Perhaps if you paid more attention to what was going on instead of staring at Jim all day you would get it. We should always be on each other’s side, we can’t have anyone split us including Jim, we’re one ok? We stick together or what’s the point?

‘Agreed, well lets hunt anyway, I want to see what you’ve got’.

Turns I didn’t have a lot at all, it grosses me out big time biting and clawing at living things, if I was fighting trees I’d be badass but anything with a heart beat is a no no, the only reason I was able to before was because my Wolf was in charge but she sat back last night until we decided to find somewhere to lay low for the night which happened to be some rock formation to the extreme East, we climbed that until we found a stable opening big enough for us to sleep in.

When I woke up I was human again, and of course naked which was not cool at all so I shifted back to my Wolf knowing I was calm enough to switch back whenever I wanted to now. It didn’t take long to get back home since I’d memorised the way and it didn’t take long for me to feel the anger and worry rolling in waves off of the house.

Uh oh

‘We’re in trouble’ she laughed. ‘Don’t worry just don’t shift then you can’t talk even if you want to, remember to act calm and collected, we have nothing to hide’.

Ok good, let’s go.

At a steady pace we trotted through the open kitchen glass door and sat in a docile way in front of the two towering male figures in front of us. Both looked like they had equally sleepless nights, which is weird because for the tiny amount I did sleep in that cave it was pretty good.