17. Anger

[Applebees, 7:45 p.m]

(the waitress walks up, holding 4 plates of burgers)

Waitress: (puts them on the table) "Anything else I can get for you, gentlemen?"

Harry: "I think we're good! This looks delicious.."

Waitress: "Are you sure, handsome?" (grabs Harry's shoulder) "Your water looks a little low."

Louis: (glares up at her) "I think he's good.. thanks.."

Harry: (uncomfortable) "Umm.."

Waitress: "But his waters almost empty.." (puts boobs in Harry's face) "I'll fetch you some more.."

Louis: "Actually.." (stops her) "He's got plenty of water.." (pours his own water into Harry's glass) "See?"

Waitress: "Umm.. Alright.." (walks away)

Harry: (looks over at Louis) "What was that?"

Liam: "Yeah dude.." (bites burger) "That was rude.."

Louis: "She was the rude one!" (looks at Harry) "Did you see the way she had her boobs all in your face? What a tramp!"

Harry: (shrugs) "I guess I didn't notice.."

Louis: "Well.. it was disgusting."

Niall: "Chill out man.. it's not that big of deal. She's pretty hot."

Liam: (laughs) "Yeah I'm sure Harry didn't mind! Right Har?" (winks)

Harry: "Umm-"

Louis: (interrupts, stands up) "I'm going to the bathroom."

(Louis huffs, walking to the bathroom)

Liam: "Ugh.. what's his problem?"

Niall: "I don't know.. He's being a moody bitch tonight." (rolls eyes)

Harry: "That's not nice, Niall." (stands up) "I have to go to the bathroom too.. If you'll excuse me."

(Harry walks into the bathroom, Louis' staring at himself in the mirror)

Louis: (turns around) "What are you doing in here?"

Harry: (walks up to him) "You seemed a little upset.. I wanted to see if you were ok."

Louis: (sighs) "Yup.. everything is just.. perfect."

Harry: "I don't believe you.."

Louis: "Well you should cause-"

Harry: (interrupts) "Why did you get so jealous when that waitress started flirting with me?"

Louis: "I didn't.."

Harry: "Stop lying to me, Louis.. stop playing dumb. I'm sick of it!"

Louis: "How would you feel if I turned the tables on you, then! Why did you get jealous when Eleanor kissed me last night?"

Harry: "I didn't get jealo-"

Louis: (abrupt) "Don't lie to ME. I saw the look in your eyes. I saw you glaring at us when you walked into the kitchen.."

Harry: (folds arms) "I wasn't jealous."

Louis: "Well, neither was I! Looks like we have nothing to talk about then.." (starts walking away)

Harry: (grabs his arm) "Wait.. Lou.."

Louis: "I said we have nothing to talk about! I wasn't jealous.. you weren't jealous.." (huffs) "We're JUST friends, Harry!" (pauses) "We're barely friends! I just take your picture for money.. that's it."

Harry: (scoffs) "Are you trying to convince me or yourself?"

Louis: "Excuse me?"

Harry: "You heard me.." (pulls him close) "Me or yourself?"

Louis: "I'm not trying to convince anybody.." (doesn't pull away)

Harry: "Why don't you pull away when I hold you like this?" (hips touching)

Louis: "I'm trying to.."

Harry: "You're not trying very hard then.."

(heavy breathing, bodies close)

Louis: "I'm not gay.."

Harry: "I'm not either.."

Louis: (bites bottom lip) "I don't understand you, Styles.. you fuck me up in ways no one ever has.. It's scary."

Harry: "I don't understand you either, Tomlinson.." (clutches Louis' hip, pulling him closer) "But I'm not sure I want to understand.."

(lips close, intense eye contact)

Louis: (sighs) "This would never work.."

Harry: "Why?"

Louis: (finally pulls away) "It just.. wouldn't."

Harry: (annoyed) "So we're suppose to just ignore our feelings forever, then? Pretend they don't exist.."

Louis: "They don't exist.."

Harry: "You're such a liar.."

(Harry wipes a tear from his eye, walking out of the bathroom, leaving Louis by himself)

Harry: (walks back to the table, angry) "I'm leaving.."

Liam: "What? What happened?"

Harry: "Its stupid.." (throws a 20 on the table) "I'll see you guys later.."

(Harry walks out)

Niall: (to Liam) "What the hell happened in there!?"

(Louis walks up to the table)

Louis: "Where's Harry?"

Liam: "He just left.. He seemed really upset."

Niall: "If you hurry, you may be able to catch him in the parking lot.."

Louis: "No.." (sits down) "There's no reason too.."