22. Hurt

[Louis' office, 2:00 p.m]

(Louis runs to the bathroom, freaking out)

Louis: (to self) "No.. no.. this is all just a big misunderstanding.."(shaking) "You're not gay!"

(looks at himself in the mirror)

Louis: (points) "You are not gay! You don't want to be with Harry! He's just a friend.."

(throws face in hands, crying)

Louis: "Oh who am I kidding.." (lifts head) "He's all you think about.. his curly hair.. his green eyes.. his dimples.. his laugh.." (wipes tears) "I knew I should have never photographed him.."

(knock, knock)

Liam: (runs in) "Louis!"

Louis: (confused) "Liam? What's going on?"

Liam: "It's Harry! He's been in an accident!"

Louis: "WHAT!" (heart drops) "Oh my god!! Is he gonna be ok? Where is he?"

Liam: "I-I don't know! I dropped him off and I just received a call from the hospital and-"

Louis: (pacing) "Oh my god.. oh my-" (tears) "What if he's dead! What if-"

Liam: "Louis.. don't say that.. we don't know anything yet!"

Louis: "Why are we still standing here!" (runs out) "Let's go!"

(Liam follows)

--

[Hospital, 2:30 p.m]

(Louis and Liam run into the emergency room)

Louis: (out of breath) "E-excuse me... doctor.. I need your help!"

Doctor: "How may I help you?"

Louis: "My umm-" (pauses) "My friend was in an accident! Please tell me he's ok.."

Doctor: "Alright sir, I'm going to need you to calm down.."

Louis: "Calm down!?" (angry) "CALM DOWN! How the fuck am I suppose to calm down when he could be dead!?"

(Liam rubs his shoulder)

Liam: "Its ok, Louis.."

Louis: "No! It's not ok!" (crying) "I never even got a chance to tell him how I really felt! He could have died thinking that I don't like him when the truth is I-"

Voice: "You what, Louis?"

(Louis hears a voice coming from behind him, he turns around)

Louis: "Oh my God.." (wipes tears) "H-Harry?"

(Harry is standing behind him with a few cuts, bruises and a cast on each arm)

Harry: (walks closer) "You... what?"

Louis: "Y-You're alive!"

Harry: "Finish what you were going to say, Lou.."

Louis: "It doesn't matter what I was going to say! You're alive and it's a miracle-"

Harry: "Please.."

Louis: (nervous) "Umm.. I was going to say.."

(Everyone is staring at him)

Louis: "The truth is that..." (clears throat) "I think you're an awesome friend and I'm glad you're alive.."

Harry: (frowns) "Oh.. well..thanks Lou.."

Liam: "We were so worried man! What happened?"

Harry: "I was driving home and this truck t-boned me while I was driving through the intersection! Good thing he wasn't going that fast." (lifts arms) "Both my arms are broken though.."

Doctor: "You got lucky, son.. the car was totaled in the accident." (pats shoulder) "You were lucky to walk away with just a couple broken arms.."

Liam: "Well we're so glad you're ok!" (points) "Louis here was freaking out..."

Harry: (smiles) "I guess I do mean a little more to you than just a paycheck, huh?"

Louis: "Yeah.." (shrugs) "I guess you do.."

Harry: (to doctor) "So Doc.. am I free to go home then?

Doctor: "Yes, I believe so.. you will need to find someone to take care of you while your arms heal.."

Harry: "Oh.. well I'm sure I could find-"

Louis: (abrupt) "Ill do it."

Harry: (surprised) "Really?"

Louis: "Yeah I mean.. Liam works all day so he couldn't take care of you and you're my only client right now so I have a lot of free time.."

Harry: "You would do that.." (pauses) "For me?"

Louis: "What are friends for.." (smiles) "I have an extra bedroom at my apartment if you wanted to use it until your arms heal.."

Liam: "It's not a bad idea, Harry.. since I work all day it would be nice to have someone to take care of you."

Harry: "I don't want to be a burden.."

Louis: "You're not a burden, Harry.." (hugs him gently) "I promise."

Harry: "Thank you, Lou.."

Doctor: "Well, it looks like you're in good hands then.."

Harry: "Yes.." (smiles) "Very good hands.."

Photograph || LarryOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara