Ship Fic complaints: (Character) is very gay, oh so gay

Let's be honest here, most ships in JoJo are a gay ship. Honestly, there normally isn't a problem with them and I do enjoy them, but sometimes, authors try a to completely erase any canonical events/evidence of a character's interest in the opposite gender.

An example I can think of would be this one fic involving Joseph and Josuke (not an incest fic dw)

In the fic, Joseph was turned back into his younger self from part 2. First he was happy and energetic, then he burst into tears about Caesar.

Sounds fine so far, but later on when Josuke asks Joseph about Caesar and reveals that he is gay, which leads to Josuke questioning Joseph about his marriage to Suzy and affair with Tomoko.

And the answer pissed me off. Apparently suzy was also gay so they had a convience marriage and the affair was Joseph pitying Tomoko.

Long example, but my point is, don't desperately erase anything hetro. I honestly felt like that completely disrespected the characters doing that and Josuke in the fix should have been angrier at Joseph for his reason of sleeping with Tomoko.

Also constantly calling a character gay in anything other than a crack fic is annoying and unnecessary