Chapter 5

The next morning, I woke up extra early to avoid Sahara, who usually woke me up. Though, I had a feeling she wasn’t go to this time. I sneaked off to the bathroom and took a five minute shower. I got dressed and head out. I walked over to the Main Office where I found was empty. I grabbed a piece of paper and pen. I sat down on a nearby chair and wrote:

   Dear Mom,

                  How are you? I’m doing quite fine myself, so you don’t need to worry. I’ve made some great friends and a few enemies. I saved a girl from this robotic thing (but it turned out to be a test, but still). How’s Australia? Oh! I miss you so much mom! Something weird happened yesterday. Did dad ever go to Harvard University? Because Connie Harris claims she knew him… Write back soon please!

                                                                                                                  Love,

                                                                                                                             Kelso.

P.s Can’t wait to see you on Visitor’s Day! I love you.

   I finished the letter and folded it. I grabbed an envelope from the desk and stuck it in there and stuffed it down my pockets. I walked over to the mail room and stood in front of a long circular tube and dropped my letter down it. The tube sucked it and it disappeared into the ground.  Since, I have so much time on my hands; I decide to take a private tour of the place.

   “Can’t sleep?” says a voice. I turn around and it’s Drew.  I continue to walk, ignoring him. He follows close behind. “Hey, you mad about I said yesterday?” He asks.

“Don’t talk to me!” I shout.

  “Fine. Whatever” he said and walked away. I was furious. He put me on the spot yesterday and made me look like a fool. Because of him, I wasn’t sure if I had any friends left. They probably believed him that I was a deceiver but I’m far from that.  I walked over to the dining hall and sat down. There were no foods popping up because the kitchen wasn’t open yet.

    I heard tiny footsteps behind me and I jumped alarmed. “Who’s there?” I said but got no response. I repeated myself but only the sounds of footsteps. They started to move quickly so I ran after them. “Hey!” I shouted after them. “Who are you?”, but the footsteps started to run and so did I. We went down a spiral staircase. “Wait” I said out of breath, “I just want to talk.”

  Finally, I saw the figure of who I was pursuing. It was a small girl with gray hair. She moved like a mouse so it was hard to keep up with her. She walked into a section that said AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY. I stopped at the door, thinking about it, and then continued on.

 To my surprise, it led to a pink room with a bed and lamppost. The girl with the gray hair was playing with a doll; an old fashioned one. “Hello” she said. She looked at me with her piercing silver eyes and pale skin. “Hi” I waved at her and realized what I thought was gray hair turned out to be silver.

 As I got closer, the skin on my hand was turning silver. My mouth dropped and she smiled with satisfaction.  “I’m from the planet Victori” she said proudly. I back away slowly and my skin was restoring its original color. “What are you doing here?” I asked her.

“I was kidnapped” she said. Her smile was fading.

“How is that possible?” I asked her stunned.